Easter Egger Boy???

SIMPleChick

Songster
11 Years
Mar 10, 2011
Utah
Boo is my 4 week old EE! Boo has a larger comb than my 10 week old EE! Is Boo a BOY??? The other EE that is the same age as Boo still has a small, flat, yellow pea comb....
sad.png

82252_boo12.jpeg

82252_boo13.jpeg

82252_boo14.jpeg

82252_boo15.jpeg

82252_boo16.jpeg

Yep, thinking EE Roo. I've had several EEs, my female pea combs were never that size or that red at 4 weeks. My EE roos have been awesome birds. I've had several, but over time could only keep one.

Might have to wait a bit longer.. I had a EE I was suspicious of and posted lots of pics and I got majority saying to was a girl and a few saying a boy.. Well it hit the age of about 5months and started crowing on me grew the saddle feathers and its tail arched... Twas a boy! Best behaved Boy I've ever met! But now I have some girls and comparing the two The comb on the females is minuscule compared to my Roos. So when its about two months or so if that comb gets any bigger... Probably a Boy. I also saw the behavioral Differences before visual.. Good Luck! My EE is about a year Old now and the nicest Rooster! protects my girls amazingly!
big_smile.png
So leaning towards a boy for now but who knows!

Oh my goodness!!! Boo is the SWEETEST thing, and is super funny but I can't keep Roos where I live so i HAVE to get rid of him....
hit.gif
IF he really is a boy....and it looks like he is!!!! NOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!! This makes 5 boys out of 20 chicks I have purchased!!!

Back
Top Bottom