Easter Egger club!

This boy was a light yellow chick. I dont have any pics but he had the chipmunk strips and was so cute.

This is him now.

That top is classic wheaten juvenile male color. Wheaten chicks are yellow mostly with a dark spot on the head and sometimes a hint of stripes. He is no doubt mixed but shows signs of Ameraucana blood.

Last edited:
That top is classic wheaten juvenile male color. Wheaten chicks are yellow mostly with a dark spot on the head and sometimes a hint of stripes. He is no doubt mixed but shows signs of Ameraucana blood.

He was supposed to be a pure bred ameraucana (along with 5 others) that I bought from a local breeder. The other roo is a gorgeous blue, but no tuff, muffs anything. Another roo was a white rumpless. Beautiful bird but aggressive. Funny how the sweetest chick became the most aggressive.

He was supposed to be a pure bred ameraucana (along with 5 others) that I bought from a local breeder. The other roo is a gorgeous blue, but no tuff, muffs anything. Another roo was a white rumpless. Beautiful bird but aggressive. Funny how the sweetest chick became the most aggressive.

He's not show quality but it doesn't look entirely like an EE either.

He's not show quality but it doesn't look entirely like an EE either.

Maybe folks here can help us decide.... We are not keeping the blue roo, but are undecided on this one. We could keep him with the Ameraucana girls or replace him with a cream legbar. Any input to help us decide?

Watch out for those dark red splotches on the wings. Red shoulders indicate a cockerel..............
I will keep an eye on her but I have 5 cockerels in with the now 2 pullets and the cockerels SCREAM cockerel and this one just makes me feel like 'Just wait, she's to pretty to be a girl' but doesn't really show signs of being a cockerel, compared to the others. Of course, she's the friendliest of the group and I really, really, really like her and she comes up to me and hops on me...yeah, probably a cockerel...
wink.png

If this one time my favorite pick makes it to laying and is capable of laying...what rooster would be the best bet to try to hatch more chicks like her? Or because of all of the different colors EE come in, I would be better off just ordering more next year and have the same odds...The top pictures is an extremely friendly cockerel and he makes some of the cutest noises, which probably means he'll be a noisy rooster...There are 2 of the redish/brown guys and are my least favorite of the cockerels but I'm thinking if I stick with darker colors, I would be more likely to have a chick turn out like I want. Then the last pictures would be one of the 2 in the back, my favorite being the one on the left, he has a little more black.

We have a cream Legbar cockerel right now and don't need another one...and have a NN that looks like its going to be a cockerel...one is more than enough but I might 'need' the others to hatch eggs for more chicks that I don't need...
barnie.gif
lau.gif

Maybe folks here can help us decide.... We are not keeping the blue roo, but are undecided on this one. We could keep him with the Ameraucana girls or replace him with a cream legbar. Any input to help us decide?
We have a cream Legbar cockerel that I was hoping to use over our EE girls. We bought 4 cream Legbar pullets, between 5-11 months. The main reason I wanted to cockerel was for our EE pullets/hens. He has an amazing personality. I'm trying to hatch a few shipped eggs right now and put a couple from him and our EE bantam in.

No real input to help you decide, just that I was thinking the same thing...until I got EE packing peanuts from Ideal that I've ended up liking and no one has answered my craigslist ad to buy them. If someone wants to buy them, then no issue, we have our CL roo.

I will keep an eye on her but I have 5 cockerels in with the now 2 pullets and the cockerels SCREAM cockerel and this one just makes me feel like 'Just wait, she's to pretty to be a girl' but doesn't really show signs of being a cockerel, compared to the others. Of course, she's the friendliest of the group and I really, really, really like her and she comes up to me and hops on me...yeah, probably a cockerel...
wink.png

If this one time my favorite pick makes it to laying and is capable of laying...what rooster would be the best bet to try to hatch more chicks like her? Or because of all of the different colors EE come in, I would be better off just ordering more next year and have the same odds...The top pictures is an extremely friendly cockerel and he makes some of the cutest noises, which probably means he'll be a noisy rooster...There are 2 of the redish/brown guys and are my least favorite of the cockerels but I'm thinking if I stick with darker colors, I would be more likely to have a chick turn out like I want. Then the last pictures would be one of the 2 in the back, my favorite being the one on the left, he has a little more black.

We have a cream Legbar cockerel right now and don't need another one...and have a NN that looks like its going to be a cockerel...one is more than enough but I might 'need' the others to hatch eggs for more chicks that I don't need...
barnie.gif
lau.gif

I would keep the cockerel that you like the best. Easter Eggers are like a box of chocolates........... you never know what you're gonna get! So you might as well keep the one you like and see what you get
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom