Easter Egger club!

I just came back from a long weekend up in the mountains to find that squirrels dug an enormous hole under my chickies pen and one of my EE babies escaped and a dog got her.
hit.gif
Needless to say I've spent some time doing major fixes and have WAGED SERIOUS WAR on the ground squirrels around here.
And it was the one I knew was for sure a pullet, it couldn't have been one of my for sure roos.
barnie.gif

So now I'll (hopefully) only have 3 EEs, unless 3 of them are roosters like others have suggested, then I'd only have 2. I'm totally bummed.

She was going to be so pretty....
sad.png

I just came back from a long weekend up in the mountains to find that squirrels dug an enormous hole under my chickies pen and one of my EE babies escaped and a dog got her.
hit.gif
Needless to say I've spent some time doing major fixes and have WAGED SERIOUS WAR on the ground squirrels around here.
And it was the one I knew was for sure a pullet, it couldn't have been one of my for sure roos.
barnie.gif

So now I'll (hopefully) only have 3 EEs, unless 3 of them are roosters like others have suggested, then I'd only have 2. I'm totally bummed.

She was going to be so pretty....
sad.png
I am so sorry for your loss. This is solid argument for my DH regarding digging a foot deep of wire mesh around our coop & run. He is trying to convince me it is unnecessary!

Mypetchicken.com sent me an email a few days ago that they now have a humane 'no crow' collar for sale. I haven't looked into it, but my favorite little baby is acting a little roo-ish. If 'she' turns out to be a nice 'he' then I may try it out.

Last edited:
Mypetchicken.com sent me an email a few days ago that they now have a humane 'no crow' collar for sale. I haven't looked into it, but my favorite little baby is acting a little roo-ish. If 'she' turns out to be a nice 'he' then I may try it out.
i looked at it online I don't have a problem with crowing but let us know how it works. Interesting

Back
Top Bottom