Easter Egger club!

I will, fingers crossed that I don't need it, but if I did I would let y'all know. I actually love the sound of crowing, it is relaxing to me & brings me back to simpler times. But I'm in a city with an ordinance which says no males. So I was thinking I might have to try it to see if I can sneak little Chewie under the radar if she ends up a roo with a good temperament.

I will, fingers crossed that I don't need it, but if I did I would let y'all know. I actually love the sound of crowing, it is relaxing to me & brings me back to simpler times. But I'm in a city with an ordinance which says no males. So I was thinking I might have to try it to see if I can sneak little Chewie under the radar if she ends up a roo with a good temperament.
It is so ironic that cities have an ordinance banning roosters since they "make too much noise." Yet is it acceptable for a yard full of dogs to bark all night long. I will never understand the human race.
rant.gif

Last edited:
Re: the crow collars: I've heard some people try a homemade version using a rolled up child's sock. The theory is that the rooster can't get enough air to crow or something like that. I, too, don't mind crowing so I haven't investigated it.

CG

Hello,
I am a proud mama of four 9 week old Easter Eggers, that I hatched in my incubator. They all have such unique coloring and I just love them to pieces. Three are hens and one is a roo. The black one is the only roo (his name is beast). The grey hens name is Jasmine, the hen with white in her feathers is Cinderella (AKA Cindy) and the buff hens name is Ariel. Here they are from day olds to 9 week olds.

I'm wondering what kind of mix my EE is. She's a feed store special that was listed as araucana (yeah right). Any guesses? I love this mottled coloring but don't know what to call it.

Cluckcluck, pls keep posting updates as he grows. my guy fester started out a brown and black speckled chick to a rainbow of a bird. I am in awe how much the guys change.

Back
Top Bottom