Easter Egger club!

So I have three new EEs and Emily has me a little worried. The tail seems a lot taller and the legs are a wee bit bigger than my other two. I love this breed, tho I only have one bantam right now. She was the lone survivor out of 6 that I had gotten and lost to infectious bronchitis. Now they have a vaccine for it and my new girls have been vaccinated. Do you guys think Emily is an Emily or is an Edgar shaping up here? Oh my gosh I hope not. I went thru absolute heartbreak having to get rid of my beloved Russian Orloff Donald, who was supposed to be a Daphne. Anyway, let me know what you think, all input apreciated. Emily is about 6 weeks old.

So I have three new EEs and Emily has me a little worried. The tail seems a lot taller and the legs are a wee bit bigger than my other two. I love this breed, tho I only have one bantam right now. She was the lone survivor out of 6 that I had gotten and lost to infectious bronchitis. Now they have a vaccine for it and my new girls have been vaccinated. Do you guys think Emily is an Emily or is an Edgar shaping up here? Oh my gosh I hope not. I went thru absolute heartbreak having to get rid of my beloved Russian Orloff Donald, who was supposed to be a Daphne. Anyway, let me know what you think, all input apreciated. Emily is about 6 weeks old.

I'm leaning towards cockerel. See the red patches on his wings? those are usually characteristics.

Thanks- she takes the funniest pics too lol
lol.png

Would love to see some captions for this...she's super shy/skittish, but is the class clown among the flock.

Very excited I was out with my EE's and one one my 4 week old feathers are coming in and I see lots of white, hopefully in a week or so we'll see more of her feathered out looks. We've had one Sissy turn into a Sisco so I'm hoping pullet

Thank you SavannahmOm and ochochicas for the information! You said give them lots of treat like what kind?
I also give them scratch & kitchen scraps. They love Black Oil Sunflower Seeds (in the shell...you can find them in the bird seed section). Today while I was at the grocery store, I bought my girls a head of cabbage and gave to them. They are just a little spoiled!
yippiechickie.gif

My husband calls our EE the "chicken button," because when you touch her back she makes this really satisfying honk. Every. Single. Time.
I should get it on video...
(Ps I gave my girls some broccoli stems today- I put them through the blender first- and they loved it. 6 birds ate the ENTIRE batch of 2, 8" stems in less than ten minutes.)

I put cauliflower n broccoli in run today, the broccoli is still there. picky kids. won't be running it thru my blender though.
My girls are still young, and the stems are a little tough for them. 30 secs in the blender made sure they were able to enjoy our "recycled" scraps. Instead of putting it straight into the compost, why not let it go through a chicken first?

Back
Top Bottom