Easter Egger club!

I only meant I wasn't going to pick up the broccoli n then return it to my kitchen, ew. I do give mine scraps as well and didn't think of running stems thru blender to break up. that's a good idea really! But seeing how they won't touch the broccoli makes me know not to toss it to them again, picky kids. perhaps the squirrels will enjoy broccoli more.

Last edited:
I only meant I wasn't going to pick up the broccoli n then return it to my kitchen, ew. I do give mine scraps as well and didn't think of running stems thru blender to break up. that's a good idea really! But seeing how they won't touch the broccoli makes me know not to toss it to them again, picky kids. perhaps the squirrels will enjoy broccoli more.
Yeah, chicken run broccoli would be super gross in the blender! Mine wouldn't look at it twice before I smashed it up for them- I tried giving it to them whole (on top of fluffy, clean grass !). They were not interested in the slightest. But moosh it up a little for them, and they couldn't get enough!

Broccoli was my chicks' favorite food. It was so funny to watch them fight over one piece when they had a whole bowl full of it. When they turned about 7 or 8 weeks they stopped liking it. Now the won't touch the stuff.

Ochochicas mine have done the same! turn noses up at broccoli and apple slices now ! as chicks the fights went on and on over them now, nope not gonna eat that! And I sorry for the confusion on my part on the first post over the broccoli, I was way too tired to put any thoughts together then. but I tossed it in run n figured they would tear into it, but nope. so yeah by then it was too late to blend it, dang it.

Ochochicas mine have done the same! turn noses up at broccoli and apple slices now ! as chicks the fights went on and on over them now, nope not gonna eat that! And I sorry for the confusion on my part on the first post over the broccoli, I was way too tired to put any thoughts together then. but I tossed it in run n figured they would tear into it, but nope. so yeah by then it was too late to blend it, dang it.

No apologies necessary! I totally understood what you meant.
tongue.png

Is there any way to work backward and figure out what breeds your EE is? Mine is (I think) pretty typically colored: yellow/gold head fading to dark grey at the tail. She doesn't have cheeks yet, but they might come in after her juvie molt. She's got great green legs.
(towards the end of my leg here, pictured with our partridge rock, welsummer, and speckled sussex)

Last edited:
Is there any way to work backward and figure out what breeds your EE is? Mine is (I think) pretty typically colored: yellow/gold head fading to dark grey at the tail. She doesn't have cheeks yet, but they might come in after her juvie molt. She's got great green legs. (towards the end of my leg here, pictured with our partridge rock, welsummer, and speckled sussex)
I have a wheaton Ameruacana, a sussex mix EE, an orange and white EE and 2 OE that are really EE's that all have ear tuffs and one with a beard, I have one that looks like the lighter one of your on the bed that I was told is an EE. All but the last have the ear tufts and none have had a moult yet. All are very different in color. I don't really think there is a typical EE color... Unless you have pure stock, I don't think much in the chicken world is normal or typical... lol

Is there any way to work backward and figure out what breeds your EE is? Mine is (I think) pretty typically colored: yellow/gold head fading to dark grey at the tail. She doesn't have cheeks yet, but they might come in after her juvie molt. She's got great green legs. (towards the end of my leg here, pictured with our partridge rock, welsummer, and speckled sussex)

Back
Top Bottom