Easter Egger club!

Yes there is. But it a well kept secret. Please keep it to yourself and Never tell anyone... All you have to do is....... wait for the first egg! That's it. :gig

But seriously, EEs have the blue egg gene (from the Ameracauna) mixed with another egg color gene, usually the blue egg gene is expressed. You should expect a bluish/green egg. However, chickens aren't an exact science.... different colors are possible.

Haha. Im too anxious to wait! I think my lowest ranking girl squatted. I put my hand on her back and pushed just a little and gave her a little scratch and she squatted down. She may have been just trying to get away from the crazy human that stalks her and threatens her with talk of chicken soup and chicken pot pie.

Haha. Im too anxious to wait! I think my lowest ranking girl squatted. I put my hand on her back and pushed just a little and gave her a little scratch and she squatted down. She may have been just trying to get away from the crazy human that stalks her and threatens her with talk of chicken soup and chicken pot pie.
If she did squat and bulged her wings out a little.... it should be any day now!

Anyone know how my gentleman got his color? He's about 8wk old. Maybe a little more.

I want to tweek those feathery cheeks, lol, so cute!

Ho hum, just a little pic of my (not spoiled at all) EE hanging out by the fire pit.

And then about 1.5 weeks later, her comb is starting to get nice and red! Excited for my first EE eggs!

Back
Top Bottom