Easter Egger club!

Got my FIRST EE egg today from the one that 90 % told me was a rooster!!!!! So glad I didn't get rid of "Jagger".... You know, I thought " he" had the moves like!
tongue.png

It's the middle one!
big_smile.png
Awesome! congrats.

I'm in PA so this is for anyone in or around here, but what month does everyone buy their chicks for in the spring. Last year I got them in February, is that too soon? I lucked out on the weather not being bad at the time last year. I'm kind of concerned because of the weather and I don't want them to freeze in case the light goes out in the shed. Should I get them again in February and take my chances or wait a little bit longer until March?

Welp, I was just over at the Ameraucana thread, and it turns out the pair that I bought today aren't Ameraucanas like I was told, but EE's. Oh, well.
roll.png
I figured I'd come and share them over here, then.

Rooster : (His name is Bourbon, as well name all our roosters after alcohol. LOL. He's missing a few toes, not entirely sure why)

Hen :

Welp, I was just over at the Ameraucana thread, and it turns out the pair that I bought today aren't Ameraucanas like I was told, but EE's. Oh, well. :rolleyes: I figured I'd come and share them over here, then. Rooster : (His name is Bourbon, as well name all our roosters after alcohol. LOL. He's missing a few toes, not entirely sure why) Hen :
What a pretty Roo! If it wasn't for those fluffy cheeks I'd wonder if he was an EE too, he's so different looking! Gorgeous!

I love his color so much. I would love to know what's going on with him genetically... Especially with the edging/lacing on his chest. I love love love the red on his shoulders, too. Very coppery in the sunlight, almost like fire. I couldn't resist after the guy said the pair was $15. Spent it without a second thought. He said she laid blue eggs, but I'm not holding my breath.

Welp, I was just over at the Ameraucana thread, and it turns out the pair that I bought today aren't Ameraucanas like I was told, but EE's. Oh, well.
roll.png
I figured I'd come and share them over here, then.

Rooster : (His name is Bourbon, as well name all our roosters after alcohol. LOL. He's missing a few toes, not entirely sure why)

Hen :

Beautiful!!!

I love his color so much. I would love to know what's going on with him genetically... Especially with the edging/lacing on his chest. I love love love the red on his shoulders, too. Very coppery in the sunlight, almost like fire. I couldn't resist after the guy said the pair was $15. Spent it without a second thought. He said she laid blue eggs, but I'm not holding my breath.

Do you have a pic of the other?

Back
Top Bottom