Easter Egger club!

Here is another one of my EE, actually an OE if things work out like the breeder thought, BUT I am stumped about what sex she is. She's super sweet with me but is meaner than snot to her brooder mate, who I am fairly sure is a cockeral. She will go at him with both feet but it's more like she's posturing for show rather than to all out hurt the other. So her behavior reminds me of a roo but her tail looks pulletish. Her comb I am not sure if it looks roo or pullet.

Sorry for the pic overload. She was worried about being outside and wanted to sit on me so I had to take pics quickly!

Hearing of every ones eggs is getting me super excited for mine to start. A few days ago I put the ceramic eggs back in the nest boxes and the EEs were in there checking them out. Today, DD said one was sitting in the box. I CAN"T WAIT!!!

We lost our beautiful blue-egg layer a few nights ago, and this morning my "olive egger" let us know that she's actually an EE! As my friend pointed out, "it's a real life Lion King circle of life over here."

In indoor light:

In sunlight:

Hello! I love easter eggers but I don't have any. I have been drooling over the birds posted here. They are so pretty. I want to learn some information here but still have fun. But who would't have fun learning about chickens and all the great stories that are here.

Back
Top Bottom