Easter Egger club!

I am drooling over your birds.
droolin.gif
I do not care if they are not SQ. I do not exactly know how to tell if they are SQ either.

i was just really interested with the colors because i dont have any that would be from the parent birds....any thoughts on how this color would have come about...?

I have a couple of blackish pullets with silver lacing. They got the color from their Isbar dad. They are both stunning birds and very good layers of mossy green eggs (just like an Isbar egg). I am convinced that the Isbars are O/O (homozygous for blue eggs) while also carrying brown modifying genes, which consistently produce chicks that lay green eggs but never blue or brown. I can not find any literature on this, but there is no reason to think a chicken could not be homozygous for blue and still produce green eggs because it contains brown modifying genes. There is so much more to egg color genetics that has not been touched on. Fascinating!

Here is a pic of one of the pullets. Their mom was black.

They where bred to lay green eggs as a breed trait, so yes a good example should be O/O and if bred to the same breed the chicks should have a high % of O/O. There are several breeds worldwide that lay green eggs, many have single comb as well.

Last edited:
i was just really interested with the colors because i dont have any that would be from the parent birds....any thoughts on how this color would have come about...?

The silver had to come from the rooster . You must have a golden rooster (silver/red combo ) . Silver and red/gold are sex linked so a hen is pure for the color but rooster can carry both colors .

Here is a golden rooster .

Back
Top Bottom