Easter Egger club!

Friends, I want some of these in the standard size. My question is I was looking on Ideal Poultry's website and it said they are 6 lbs for the adult roosters. What all hatcheries has these and are they bad for flying? I am looking for some that are decent sized that way they will not fly out of my yard. Any help is much appreciated.

This is Adi at 7 weeks. What do you think boy or girl?

Friends, I want some of these in the standard size. My question is I was looking on Ideal Poultry's website and it said they are 6 lbs for the adult roosters. What all hatcheries has these and are they bad for flying? I am looking for some that are decent sized that way they will not fly out of my yard. Any help is much appreciated.

Most hatchery's sell Easter Eggers, but they are usually sold as ''Ameraucana/Araucanas'' or ''Amiracanas''. Most of my EE girls will stay inside my 5 foot high poultry fence, but occasionally one flys out and needs her wings trimmed.

It depends on the breed they are mixed with. I have one that is mixed with leghorn and she never flys. I think it's because she has gotten used to bird netting being on top of the chicken pen. All chickens can fly out of a 6ft fence. My faverolles perch on a fence even though they are heavy birds.

Last edited:
It depends on the breed they are mixed with. I have one that is mixed with leghorn and she never flys. I think it's because she has gotten used to bird netting being on top of the chicken pen. All chickens can fly out of a 6ft fence. My faverolles perch on a fence even though they are heavy birds.

Agree with FVRM. I have a 20-30 lb domestic (non flying) turkey that has tried on several occasions to 'fly' if you will out of my 7 foot garden fence. He made it. My EEs are VERY good fliers. I suppose if you needed too you could clip the wings like mymilliefleur suggested.

Back
Top Bottom