Easter Egger club!

hugs.gif
Sorry to hear about Honey, I lost my Pepper to last summer's heatwave, and two other hens to a predator as well. the rest are doing OK.

@ 8 weeks, fully feathered and too big for their bin, my August chicks are outside now, They are still too small for the main coop, there are some gaps between the chain link sections they could squeeze through, so I have them in the large dog carrier.

All five are still healthy, and thank goodness this time all five are still hens!
bow.gif

P.S. Lovechicks, how do you get the non-alphabetic text into your post (like the hearts)?

sometimes i use my computer, sometimes my family's ipad ( the ipad has WAAAAY more emojis)

I sure hope she makes it, she has beautiful coloring. A little tip I learned here regarding probiotics,The best source can be found in your own yard; give her a clump of grass or weeds. The whole clump, roots, dirt and all. The dirt not only gives her grit for her digestion but her body will be introduced to the local 'flora'. It will also help her build up resistance to any bad 'bugs' in your area as well.

That's a really good idea I'll try that in the morning thank you

For any chicken diet with added grass or weeds, chop it up so the crop doesn't get impacted from long strands of plant food. We chop up our chards and lettuces before feeding to our chickens.

Back
Top Bottom