Easter Egger club!

Sigh, I have been trying to get a new pic of Fester my almost 7 week cockerel but that lil sh#t gives me the stink eye and takes off. He is turning mostly coal black with splashes of white and red. Will try again once we move them. Crossing my fingers for this weekend.

Sigh, I have been trying to get a new pic of Fester my almost 7 week cockerel but that lil sh#t gives me the stink eye and takes off. He is turning mostly coal black with splashes of white and red. Will try again once we move them. Crossing my fingers for this weekend.

He sounds beautiful! I hope you can get a pic up for us.

does he look similar to Sassy? Sassy is a EE with some kind of bigger breed. We still can't figure it out. The pictures don't due him justice! He has a purple tint to black feathers. GOOD ROO!

Last edited:
Still say roo on short tail . Pullet on the other one . Short tail will likely start getting a mostly black breast and red in the shoulders .
Sigh, it would definitely explain Lucy's personality! Maybe I should start calling Lucy Luke.:) check this out!
1,3 are Chloe 2,4 are Lucy/ Luke . You are so right! They are almost 4 weeks.

Last edited:
Here she is! It seems that EE's swing two ways in their personalities - this one refuses to leave my hand and would walk off the edge of the table trying to get closer to me. She has a nice olive tint to her legs. Here's a close up of her wing feathers, in case anyone wants to take a guess at what color she'll be.
She is a doll! Sounds like a great personality !!! Keep the pics coming!I'm curious to see what she ends up looking like?!

Hi fellow Easter Egger fans!
My daughter and I are new to chickens and have 6 young ones currently, 2 of which are EE. Ours are named Nebula and Galaxy (daughter into astronomy). Nebula is the sweetest of our 6 chicks, I am afraid s(he) might be a boy, which is not allowed in our suburban neighborhood! Nebula is currently 5 and 1/2 weeks and Galaxy 3 and 1/2 weeks. I have included pictures. It is fun seeing how they change color as they get older. Anyone have any ideas of gender at this early age? We purchased them at a local feed store as 2 day old chicks where they are suppose to 85-90% chance they are female. Thanks for any input!

Nebula 1 week old

Nebula today

Nebula today

Galaxy 1 week

Galaxy today

Galaxy today with her Australorp "sisters" Night Sky and Shadow

I have 6 Easter Egger Bantams. They are just over 2 weeks old. Right now two are white with black on their wings, two are the brown color, one is black, and one is grey.

Their coloring doesn't show up right in my photos so far, but you can see some in this video. They are in with 2 dominique bantams, 4 silkies, and 5 buff orpington bantams.

0.jpg

Back
Top Bottom