Easter Egger club!

My little black chicken (in my avatar) has some lovely copper edges to the feathers on her chest. I've never noticed them before, or whether they've just appeared. Is this an araucana colouring? She's supposed to be crossed with australorp and she has the lovely blue-black australorp feathers, mostly.

I've seen that you should have a variety of breeds for health reasons and also that it doesn't matter. I really like EE and just want to get more. Would having only 6 EE be bad for their health?

I've seen that you should have a variety of breeds for health reasons and also that it doesn't matter. I really like EE and just want to get more. Would having only 6 EE be bad for their health?
There is no reason why you can't have a flock of only Easter Eggers. Having different breeds kept together has no impact on health. As long as a flock has plenty of access to a balanced feed, fresh water, and plenty of room the birds should be relatively healthy.

There is no reason why you can't have a flock of only Easter Eggers. Having different breeds kept together has no impact on health. As long as a flock has plenty of access to a balanced feed, fresh water, and plenty of room the birds should be relatively healthy.
I didn't think it would matter, but I had read something about it just the other day and wanted to make sure it was OK.

hi everybody. does any body know how to keep a chicks card bord box dry?. this year I am going to Try to use a tote and see. and also does ANYBODY know HOW to keep the chicks water clean?. It gets full of wood chips. if anybody knows pleas tell me.:fl

I used a small swimming pool which was about $6.00 and some screen and you still need to change the chips every few days but at least the pool is water proof. I also raised the waterer on a small dish. It still gets fills with chips but not as many.

I went to collect eggs this morning and found my first blue egg!

hi everybody. does any body know how to keep a chicks card bord box dry?. this year I am going to Try to use a tote and see. and also does ANYBODY know HOW to keep the chicks water clean?. It gets full of wood chips. if anybody knows pleas tell me.
fl.gif
I put a piece of plywood in my chicks brooder and put their feed and water on it. Worked perfectly for me!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom