Easter Egger or Crested cream legbar?

My Aunt-in-law has this chicken that wondered into her yard. She asked me my thoughts on it. I told her looks like a Crested Cream Legbar mix as she has dark legs. Can anyone help confirm?

Attachments

• IMG_6497.jpg
    IMG_6497.jpg
    481.7 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_6563.jpg
    IMG_6563.jpg
    382.6 KB · Views: 7
I guess my point was, the blue egg gene being passed on was from a legbar, not ameraucana, however far back that may have been. 🤷‍♀️ because to get an easter egger you cross a blue egg gene with a brown egg gene right? I mean i know you can cross an ee with an ee... but the ee is a mutt of a blue and a brown. So as far as i understand it In this case the blue was from a legbar.... thats the info i got from others when i had questions about mine.
CCL are made from the British version of Araucana.

I guess my point was, the blue egg gene being passed on was from a legbar, not ameraucana, however far back that may have been. 🤷‍♀️ because to get an easter egger you cross a blue egg gene with a brown egg gene right? I mean i know you can cross an ee with an ee... but the ee is a mutt of a blue and a brown. So as far as i understand it In this case the blue was from a legbar.... thats the info i got from others when i had questions about mine.
You can also cross a blue egg layer with a white egg layer, I believe, and the resulting hen should give an egg that is more blue than green. I think.

Back
Top Bottom