Easter Egger Sexing "tips and tricks" *Pictures Included*

Sorry, I know this is super old, but both of these turned out to be pullets.
Hey, Patches broke the rules! Good girl!
big_smile.png

Sorry??? Quite the opposite! We all read through, guessing at those we think we MIGHT be pretty sure about, sitting back and waiting on the "whoa, I REALLY don't know" ones. I think everyone appreciates a quoted "What are they" post with a "this is what they turned out to be" post! Especially on the really hard ones. Adds to the "knowledge base" for future guessing.

Patches certainly did break the "uniform feather patterns are usually girls and vice versa" rule. Lovely birds.

I'm glad to know. I didn't see the original post except in your excerpt and guess wrong! So scrolling down gave me instant results. Yes, definitely a rule breaker!

On the sadder side, my chick with the spots died. No real reason. Now we will never know!

I hatched out 3/3 EE eggies on 11/09/15. Though I feel like they are all boys. All three seem to have 3 rows of peas on their combs.

I have hope that this one may be a pullet.

I hatched out 3/3 EE eggies on 11/09/15. Though I feel like they are all boys. All three seem to have 3 rows of peas on their combs.

I have hope that this one may be a pullet.

It's much to young to tell.
smile.png
While cockerels almost always have 3 rows of peas, pullets can too, so there is still hope for the top two. Can you post photos when they are about 8 weeks? By than we should be able to give you an accurate guess.

Back
Top Bottom