Easter Egger Sexing "tips and tricks" *Pictures Included*

I've got this chick -- 7 weeks old this week. Coloring makes me think pullet but her comb has started to get a little red. Thoughts? The light is shining a bit on her comb in these pics.

Single row comb and even coloring on an EE means pullet

4 weeks old,not much of a comb yet

Pullet. Things can change but that comb doesn't look 3 row pea to me and the feather color/pattern looks even.

Im worried I have a roo. Other people keep telling me pullet but can pullets have white like this? 3.5-4 weeks old

Feathering nicelt but has little to no tail feathers

Sure they can! And a lot more white as well. I THINK on a black and white EE, a large amount of white on the breast can indicate a cockerel. That comb looks female to me at this point.

4 weeks old,not much of a comb yet

I also say pullet.

EE 1 - I'm thinking hen?

I have an 11 week old flock that was raised together consisting of 8 hens and 1 rooster. I am trying to add two EE's that are probably about 6-7 weeks old (1 of 2 above). I have had them in the coop in a dog kennel for two weeks now and I let them free range in the evenings with the flock. They cannot be in the run together at all! The flock is NOT accepting my two new birds at all. What am I doing wrong? What more can I do?

Pullet for this one too.

I have two more EEs that are 3 weeks younger than Saga- so 7 weeks on Monday.
Same backstory- I bought them as 'sexed pullets' from my local feed store. They get them from Ideal.
Any thoughts?

This is Brynja.

Back
Top Bottom