Easter Egger Sexing "tips and tricks" *Pictures Included*

My EE's are 9 weeks old now. 1 is a def. Roo. I'll post his pic for reference to the girls. Well we thought they were girls, but their combs are getting very red, and they are getting splotches of red around their eyes and on cheeks. They are fighting with the Roo too. My other breeds are not fighting with the Roo.

Jimmy

Esmeralda- the smallest of all my chickens. I am pretty sure she is a SHE. She is also very flighty and quick.

Stretch- The biggest of all my chickens. Much bigger than the others. Huge feet and legs. Flat pea comb, but very wide and an "enflamed" pink color. (although not red like the Roo). Has been getting in redular fights with the Roo.

Pickles is the brown and grey bird with black head- She is getting a dark pink pea comb and been fighting with the Roo.

Thanks for any opinions. This is my first time raising chickens. As of right now- I can't even get them in their chicken coop! lol

Can anyone help me sex my 3 easter eggers? Thanks for the help!

They are almost 3 months old.

chickmammy, Jimmy is the only cockerel. Others have pullet coloring and small combs. Fighting with Jimmy because it is the chicken way, and they don't respond to him as a male... yet. They are all nice looking. Particularly love Pickles.
smile.png

I had a feeling. They are making small noises though. "Pearl" sure will miss her roomies! The boys will have a good home with my sister.

My EE's are 9 weeks old now. 1 is a def. Roo. I'll post his pic for reference to the girls. Well we thought they were girls, but their combs are getting very red, and they are getting splotches of red around their eyes and on cheeks. They are fighting with the Roo too. My other breeds are not fighting with the Roo.

Jimmy

Esmeralda- the smallest of all my chickens. I am pretty sure she is a SHE. She is also very flighty and quick.

Stretch- The biggest of all my chickens. Much bigger than the others. Huge feet and legs. Flat pea comb, but very wide and an "enflamed" pink color. (although not red like the Roo). Has been getting in redular fights with the Roo.

Pickles is the brown and grey bird with black head- She is getting a dark pink pea comb and been fighting with the Roo.

Thanks for any opinions. This is my first time raising chickens. As of right now- I can't even get them in their chicken coop! lol

Back
Top Bottom