Easter Egger Sexing "tips and tricks" *Pictures Included*

Here is my 7wk old EE. I believe that he/she is probably a roo except his comb is still fairly pale and he is pretty red all over. Any opinions would be greatly appreciated. Still hoping he is a she.

Well it is confirmed. He is a cockerel, he was trying to crow this morning :) So funny to hear. Now I have to figure out what to do with him.

I have home updated pictures of my two Easter Egger's!

They are currently four weeks and a few days - is that too young?

I hope they are both pullets!

Bambi:

Rebel:

Last edited:
It's easier to tell if they are standing on their own. But to me, that last one looks like a roo. I've tried to upload a pic of mine when he was young, but it's currently not working :( I'll try again later for you.

@Exotica , both look like pullets for now, but it's still a little early to tell for sure. Keep an eye on the first one, if it's a male it will probably start to get red patches on it's shoulders soon.

It's easier to tell if they are standing on their own. But to me, that last one looks like a roo. I've tried to upload a pic of mine when he was young, but it's currently not working
sad.png
I'll try again later for you.
I'll take a picture of them standing alone today but they are both so flighty.. I've had them since chicks and regularly give them treats but they really do not like humans, lol.
I read everyone's experiences on here and I can't be that unlucky..? They even convinced my Australorp around their age that humans cannot be trusted. I've heard bth
breeds were the sweetest that why I got them three ): They'll only have treats from me if I throw it and always keep a distance of at least 5 feet.
hu.gif

Anyway, that's why I had to hold them for the picture and trust me, they had to be cornered to get these pictures but I'll try again!

Last edited:
Hello everyone!! I have my first easter eggers. They are almost 5 weeks old. Have been reading this thread trying to determine what I have. The person I got mine from wing sexed them and said she was pretty confident they were both pullets. Wild little buggers but I love them!!!! Here are a few pics. Anyone care to guess?

The first two pics they were about 2 weeks old. One had the distinct chipmunk striping and the other had adorable cheek muffs. The Darker one is an EE/Brown Leghorn cross and the chipmunk strip is EE/EE. Last pic at 5 weeks. Going by what all I have read, I am hoping my lady is right. No red on wings, no inconsistent color patterns, and no 3 rowed pea combs. Both have green legs. I will try and get better pics but these two are crazy wild :)

Hello everyone!! I have my first easter eggers. They are almost 5 weeks old. Have been reading this thread trying to determine what I have. The person I got mine from wing sexed them and said she was pretty confident they were both pullets. Wild little buggers but I love them!!!! Here are a few pics. Anyone care to guess?

The first two pics they were about 2 weeks old. One had the distinct chipmunk striping and the other had adorable cheek muffs. The Darker one is an EE/Brown Leghorn cross and the chipmunk strip is EE/EE. Last pic at 5 weeks. Going by what all I have read, I am hoping my lady is right. No red on wings, no inconsistent color patterns, and no 3 rowed pea combs. Both have green legs. I will try and get better pics but these two are crazy wild :)
I think you have their breeds/mixes reversed. The chick with the rosey brown chest looks a lot like a brown Leghorn pullet. They both look like pullets for now.

Thank you @junebuggena !
I am super excited to have these. Can't wait to see what they look like with their big girl feathers.

Back
Top Bottom