easter eggers

I'm really anxious for my two EE to start laying-they are 21 weeks old today-no squatting and of my nine chickens are the most skittish by far! I'm hoping they become less afraid when they start laying.
smile.png

My EE are 18 months old. They started laying around 28 weeks. For the most part, I get 5-6 eggs a week from them. Really big eggs. I'm also thrilled because each one lays a slightly different color. I have 8 laying hens altogether, and none lay precisely the same color.

I have an EE suppose to be a yr old, had her for a month. I only get 1 egg every other day. So on a good wk 4 eggs. Not sure if she molted recently or what. Also have some pullets 4 months old, guess I will find out soon how they lay.

My EEs are 26wks now. They are squatting, have been for awhile, but no eggs from the remaining 6. Of the two I sold, one laid her first green egg the day after I sold her. Figures... Now I go out and sternly ask Peaches, Cream, Legs, Myah, Chicken Hawk and "the pretty blue girl" where my eggs are. My husband is anxiously waiting for those pretty, colorful eggs. And he thinks I'm chicken crazy. Maybe so, but then he's egg crazy.

EEs are mutts -- logically whatever they're crossed with is going to affect how much and how early they lay!

So to get a good idea of whether yours are normal or not, you probably really need to compare with other birds from the same source.

Mine are 21 weeks, a few have been laying 3 weeks but the rest are just starting. They are skittish but getting better. They panic easy. My husband says "they are pretty birds, but jeesh, relax already". Our production reds and bantams look like vacation birds compared to the EE.

Back
Top Bottom