Eastern Washington

Quote: I find it normal with my chickens. Sadly, my girls have never warmed up to me. They know me as the scary lady that opens the chicken coop to let them out and the one that feeds them...haha. you would think that an entire winter being locked in the coop and run, they would get use to me, but NOPE!!!
lau.gif

That's funny. They say you have to cuddle chicks a lot for them to be extra friendly, and I guess some breeds are just naturally rude.

Were you the one looking for compost about a month ago?

Here is one of my yellow chicks that Babe hatched but Meannie stole to raise for the evening.

Here is another yellow chick that Babe hatched and Meannie stole to raise for the evening

And here is Meannie and Weebitt she hatched

Another shot of Meannie and Weebitt

This is Weeone, a chick that Meannie stole to raise and then abandoned. I took her in last night to give her a fighting chance. Sadly, she didn't make it thru the night. I believe she had neurological issues from a small blow to the head

Another picture of Weeone. I made her a comfortable as possible in a box of shavings and her washcloth and some mash in case she got the strength To eat. the dixy cup was placed in there for the picture as a size comparison

Another picture of Weeone. She seemed to be doing better when we went to bed, lots of movement and peeping but this morning was found passed. At least she was in a warm space and not outside alone in the cold. I did everything for her and I know she was grateful for it.

Here is one of my yellow chicks that Babe hatched but Meannie stole to raise for the evening.

Here is another yellow chick that Babe hatched and Meannie stole to raise for the evening

And here is Meannie and Weebitt she hatched

Another shot of Meannie and Weebitt

This is Weeone, a chick that Meannie stole to raise and then abandoned. I took her in last night to give her a fighting chance. Sadly, she didn't make it thru the night. I believe she had neurological issues from a small blow to the head

Another picture of Weeone. I made her a comfortable as possible in a box of shavings and her washcloth and some mash in case she got the strength To eat. the dixy cup was placed in there for the picture as a size comparison

Another picture of Weeone. She seemed to be doing better when we went to bed, lots of movement and peeping but this morning was found passed. At least she was in a warm space and not outside alone in the cold. I did everything for her and I know she was grateful for it.
So Sad
sad.png

Back
Top Bottom