Eastern Washington

Cam-n-Sara, Hey thanks, that's another good idea. Now I have another question: Do you replace the dust bath dirt when you move the tractor? If so, why? Or do you just top it off? Do they poop in the dust bath? I just imagined them maybe spilling some. Thanks. I really am so ignorant when it comes to chickens, Mine will be here in a month! I'm getting really excited
wee.gif

Vicki,

When we move the arc we clean the poo, sticks, feathers, etc. out of the dust bath add a bit and stir it up to break the clumps. The girls toss the dirt out and all over the place so it gets low. We have only had chickens since march so we are learning as we go too. Have fun and enjoy the birdies when they get there.

Blessings and peace

-cam-

New to BYC, but am in SE Wash...Go Cougs!!
Just wanted to jump in and say "Hi!"
I'm pretty new to this adventure, but so far so wonderful
smile.png

The 3 EE, 2 BO and 2 BR pullets seem quite happy and healthy, and I'm doing what I can to keep it that way!

Hi Pal, We're glad you found our place! I hope you've got better weather for the long weekend than we've had. It rained off and on here( Cle Elum area) all day yesterday. Today looks better, so we're going to the shooting range this morning. Not really my idea of a good time, but it's up there on the Thorp windmill farm, and that's a neat place to be.

marans, I see you're new here too! We like it when newer members join us. Do you have chickens too, or are turkeys your main interest?

Chickypoos, You never said what that chunk of metal was from, and how it found it's way to your leg. I'm really glad you're doing better!
Hope everyone is having a wonderful weekend!!!

Back
Top Bottom