Eastern Washington

Tikkijane,Wow, that would be something to see... all those chickens packing their bags for a move to Yakima! It gets pretty cold there, but at least it's dry, so they would be fine. What a long trip though. Best of luck to you:hugs .
I ordered my three girls from My Pet Chicken. My minimum order was six, but three didn't survive the trip. M.P.C. was WONDERFUL!!! I couldn't have asked for more in a hatchery, except maybe some Dark Brahmas, which they don't sell. Only the Buff and Lights. I might check into the local feed store idea.Thanks!

It's a hike-2900 miles. They'll have room in the stock trailer. My biggest issue is getting my horses conditioned for that haul and hoping no one colics.

Do y'all have swaps there?

Hey All!!! So its been ages since I have logged on here and my flock has changed a lot. I am here in Omak, and know a few of you on here... Currently my flock consists of 8 outside, all LF, they are an Black Astrolorp, two Swedish Flower hens, two Buff Orpingtons, an EE, and two barnies. Inside we have two seramas, a bearded d'Uccle, a pullet Cream Legbar and a pullet Red Sagitta..

We have had a few adventures over this last year. We raised a few Beltsville turkeys until they could be out on their own, and sent them to a friend to grow up. My daughter took one to the local fair and it took Grand Champion. We have to Thank Teresa on here for her amazing stock she breeds!!

We also had one of our serama's went broody and so we hatched a couple of eggs for Teresa as well. Sooo much fun!!!!!

We are looking forward to another year with our chickens, we are planning a new coop to replace the one we slapped together. Soo much fun!!!!! I look forward to reading about everyones adventures!

Hi Everyone in Eastern Washington! I'm south of Yakima outside of a small town called White Swan. This is our first winter with our chickens, Mom had some a very long time ago but all I did was collect eggs, and pluck feathers when I HAD to ( typical teen).

We have 2 welsummers, 3 california greys, 1 bitchy white leghorn, 6 easter eggers, 1 speckled sussex hen and 1speckled sussex roo. The leghorn is a horrible bully, we have decided to seperate her in a dog crate to fatten her up. All our birds except the roo are under a year old.

When it warms up we are going to make a larger coop, divided in half to get some meat birds. Also have an area for a hen hopefully that will go broody for a nursery.

Currently we are giving our eggs away to families in the area that need that little extra help to stretch the money for groceries. My Niece is also using the time she cares for the chickens and our egg runs as her Senior year community service time.

So far we are learning so much from this forum, have had only one loss vent gleet internl egg layer our other leghorn. Everyone stay warm this winter!

Sarevan, We're glad you found us! When I was a kid I had to pluck feathers once. As an adult I quit eating meat, but love the eggs! I'm still waiting for the first egg, my three Brahma pullets are only 6 1/2 mos. old, so as soon as the daylight hours get longer I should have some.This is my first year with chickens since I was a kid, so it's pretty exciting for me!
Good experience for your niece!

Welcome Sarevan! It sounds like we have a lot of similar plans. I have 4 Cream Legbars, 2 light sussex hens, 2 welsummer hens, 2 red-lace blue wyandotte hens, and a cream legbar roo. I had to start over last fall when coyotes ate all of my layers except one, so we are just starting to get eggs. I share with my neighbor, and plan to get certified to sell them at the farmers market. I also plan to incubate enough eggs each year to provide some meat birds (so far we have just eaten our ecxess roos), so the back side of my coop will be the "meaty" pen. I will probably raise a couple turkeys too :).

Welcome back too Sunbug4, sounds like you have been busy. Congrats on the Turkeys... That's neat. Where did you get your eggs?

I didn't know you had to be certified to sell at Farmers Market. That is interesting,

I hope we are all ready for the wind that is supposed to hit us in the next few days. I am not looking forward to 50mph gusts! Our chickens have put up with the winds that hit us this past Fall, I think I'd rather have the snow.

I didn't know you had to be certified to sell at Farmers Market. That is interesting,

I hope we are all ready for the wind that is supposed to hit us in the next few days. I am not looking forward to 50mph gusts! Our chickens have put up with the winds that hit us this past Fall, I think I'd rather have the snow.

Me too! Bring on the snow and ditch the wind!This spring the wind wrecked our big gate for the 2nd time. We still haven't fixed it as we are so fed up withthe wind wwrecking things!

Sorry to be a pest, but I'm having an egg-mergency ;)

I'm looking for BLOWN goose and duck eggs -- does anyone have them available in Eastern WA? I used to get them from a local woman here near me but she's gotten out of poultry entirely and the spring season for pysanky is coming up. I have chickens...but the goose eggs always sell so well!

, 1 bitchy white leghorn,
gig.gif
ain't that the truth....!

Back
Top Bottom