Easy Doggie Oatmeal Muffins

True Grit

Songster
9 Years
May 2, 2010
Orono, Minnesota
My Coop
My Coop
I'm making these right now and they have passed the in-kitchen approval test so here's the recipe from the Epi-Guardian Angels website:

Oven at 350 deg.

4 cups Old fashioned oatmeal, not instant

Mix in a large separate bowl the following:
1 c grated carrots
3 eggs
1 to 1.25 lbs ground turkey
1 TBLSP olive oil

Mix in the oats gradually. For a small dog fill mini muffin tins half full and press down. For a large dog fill them to the top and press down. Bake at 350 for 20 minutes. These don't keep so refrigerate what you will use in a few days and freeze the rest. Makes dozens of snacks.

What I like is that there are no preservatives. Oats are relatively easy to digest and my dogs don't get any other grains so the small amount in these doesn't bother me. AND they are super easy to make.
smile.png

I finally got around to making these & all my dogs love them!! I used ground beef instead of turkey cause that's all I had in the freezer & I didn't want to make a trip to the grocery.

The recipe made about 7 dozen mini-muffins with the cups half full. But now, we've adopted a 2 year old pit bull from my Mom & I need to make some larger ones just for her.

I'm making my 2nd batch tonight. I think I went overboard with giving my dogs their treats!!

Here's Bo and Sammy. Looking really raggedy! But so sweet!
Doggies-2011-06-22-023.jpg

And here's our newest addition: Zeva
MomsDogs-02-25-10-033.jpg

Back
Top Bottom