Eating dove eggs?

If you boil pigeon eggs, the "whites" have a translucent, opaque, semi-clear look to them. Not very appetizing looking.
I would think dove eggs would be similar.

Can you eat dove eggs? Scrambled? Hard-boiled? Thank you in advance.
I was throwing them out ( I have 17 with male and female separate ) and I looked in the cage and there were 10 eggs.
what the heck I boiled them up and OMG soft and delicate smooth and melty
the most wonderful egg ever. ( only had chicken before )
chicken eggs are rubbery and the yolk is dry
I don't really like eggs and had to have 3 dove eggs the first time
added three to a cake when I was short an egg 2 chicken 3 dove
the shell is so fragile breaking one open fresh is a challenge ( crush ) boiled is a challenge to peel
try to take them fresh refrigerate or cook right away fertile is no difference but you wouldn't like to see an embryo if you love your birds like me
use discernment and caution
add sesame seeds to their diet and flax seeds (more omega 3-6-9)
yes they are small but absolutely a delicacy
add 1 or two boiled to any plate for a taste of paradise

I used to have a chukar hen for about 3 years, now only roosters, but the hen would lay an egg a day from about March through September, and they were tasty. Really no different from a quail egg. Maybe a bit bigger than a dove egg. I say give it a try, but you'll need 10+ to make any kind of legit meal out of it. One nice way to eat small eggs like this is baked on a pizza or something like that.

I was throwing them out ( I have 17 with male and female separate ) and I looked in the cage and there were 10 eggs.
what the heck I boiled them up and OMG soft and delicate smooth and melty
the most wonderful egg ever. ( only had chicken before )
chicken eggs are rubbery and the yolk is dry
I don't really like eggs and had to have 3 dove eggs the first time
added three to a cake when I was short an egg 2 chicken 3 dove
the shell is so fragile breaking one open fresh is a challenge ( crush ) boiled is a challenge to peel
try to take them fresh refrigerate or cook right away fertile is no difference but you wouldn't like to see an embryo if you love your birds like me
use discernment and caution
add sesame seeds to their diet and flax seeds (more omega 3-6-9)
yes they are small but absolutely a delicacy
add 1 or two boiled to any plate for a taste of paradise
Be very careful. Only fresh and not too many. They are not as safe as chicken. Caution is advised.

Back
Top Bottom