Eating over easy eggs

Rockergirl

Chirping
Sep 14, 2022
Hi! I have a question about eating eggs. I've always been a lover of the over easy egg. I love the runny yolk. However, since I started raising my own chicks and getting my first eggs over the past couple of months. For some reason, I'm scared to eat a runny yolk.....I feel like I have to cook it well done. Why am I more nervous about eating an over easy egg from my chickens? I raise them 100% organic (no med, shots, etc). Maybe I feel like there is more chance of salmonella or some other bacteria vs the store bought ones? Is there anything different to worry about? Please help me feel good about the over easy egg again. I miss them so badly....

I answers you in your first thread bit in case you don't see it.
You actually have a greater chance of getting bacteria and salmonella from store eggs. It's usually when eggs are mishandled, tempertures kept unstable and old enough to reduce moisture content do they get bacteria and since you know how how fresh and how you handle your eggs and they aren't weeks/months old like at the store. You're perfectly fine to have the yolks runny. Go make yourself a drippy egg sandwich. :]

I answers you in your first thread bit in case you don't see it.
You actually have a greater chance of getting bacteria and salmonella from store eggs. It's usually when eggs are mishandled, tempertures kept unstable and old enough to reduce moisture content do they get bacteria and since you know how how fresh and how you handle your eggs and they aren't weeks/months old like at the store. You're perfectly fine to have the yolks runny. Go make yourself a drippy egg sandwich. :]
Thanks! After I posted the first one I thought maybe I should split out to two conversations :)

Back
Top Bottom