EDUCATIONAL INCUBATION & HATCHING CHAT THREAD, w/ Sally Sunshine Shipped Eggs

Good news  good luck CH

:yesss:

ach du gut!!

baby girlzzzzzzz  SNOW!!  it didnt even lay here!!

Good Luck Ralphie!! 

Very pretty eggies!!!  did you keep any chickens you hatched from us?

Awesome image!!! @BantyChooks
  Dont think we have guniea candles Dan, keep posting and we can make a full post of these types candles at specific days!!  Thank you and good luck!!

Dan are you on FB?  there is a great page I would show you should u be on there.  if interested msg me,  its a vet site

yer awesome Momma!  hugs and goodmornin
what u mean

Thanks - I needed that!!!
big_smile.png

Ant Farm
Channeling me, huh? LOL! If you only knew what I was doing last night!
lol.png

Bottom chick has a lot of brown to the black down, so I'm excited to see what that might mean when s/he feathers out.

OK, the top chick is complicated.

Mother is Arbequina, an Olive egger from Eight Acres. According to their website, this is how they construct their OEs: First cross was Blue or Black Copper Marans x Welsummer, then for F1 OE - the hens from this cross were bred to Wheaten Ameraucana rooster. Then for F2 OE THESE offspring (hens) were covered by a Splash Copper Marans Rooster (to darken the olive color). She lays the most GORGEOUS olive egg ever... (I can't find a solo photo, but you can see it on the egg skelter).

Father is Goodwin (of blessed memory), I got him as a "bonus" chick (she just had them on hand to work on a project and I had expressed interest in passing). He's a Lavender Ameraucana, but he has something else mixed in (you can tell by the way his chicks look, if he was pure, they'd all be black or blue). Of course, he was a bonus and there wasn't any guarantee of his purity (which was fine by me). When he was killed I wanted to be sure to get some of his babies with her.

Can't wait to see how they turn out!

OK, I need to go do chores and get some work done. Later, folks!!!

- Ant Farm

Thanks for the explanation.
Sorry you lost Goodwin but thankfully you were able to hatch some of his heirs.
Looks like you have some beautiful chickens-to-be in your brooders...and those eggs!!

Howdy all! Hope this gorgeous frosty (here, anyway) January day is treating everyone fabulously. @Sally Sunshine hi again!! I've been offline for a long time and then became a shameful BYC lurker, I'm afraid. I think work has officially fried my brain---I was recently possessed to build my own incubator. Only I ordered eggs before I was finished with the 'bator...I work better under pressure!
Thanks for tagging me! It's good to be back around folks of the same ilk again! Pretty much everyone I know thinks I'm batpoop crazy for hatching for V day while I think I'm batpoop crazy for waiting so long. ;-)

@the jolly onion
   Wonder what happened with this gal!  I loved her humor, anyone post with her lately?  COME BACK silly beautiful woman!!  you are missed!

Got the last egg 41 now.my white silkie hen just layed her first egg will blood being on it hurt it when incubating.I might swap some other eggs out to.for better ones

Last edited:
Howdy all! Hope this gorgeous frosty (here, anyway) January day is treating everyone fabulously. @Sally Sunshine hi again!! I've been offline for a long time and then became a shameful BYC lurker, I'm afraid. I think work has officially fried my brain---I was recently possessed to build my own incubator. Only I ordered eggs before I was finished with the 'bator...I work better under pressure!
Thanks for tagging me! It's good to be back around folks of the same ilk again! Pretty much everyone I know thinks I'm batpoop crazy for hatching for V day while I think I'm batpoop crazy for waiting so long. ;-)

@the jolly onion
   Wonder what happened with this gal!  I loved her humor, anyone post with her lately?  COME BACK silly beautiful woman!!  you are missed!

Shalom and welcome back! And nice to meet you! :frow

Quote: Welcome back, little lady. Glad you found your way home.
Has no one told you that work is greatly overrated?
Got any pictures and/or particulars on your DIY 'bator?

Back
Top Bottom