EDUCATIONAL INCUBATION & HATCHING CHAT THREAD, w/ Sally Sunshine Shipped Eggs

Got some eggies today
Beautiful!! I love the brown ones
love.gif

Yes last hatchers, no assists. I half zipped a chick, but it finished itself, and I got out one that zipped and was stuck. No idea which is which, because it's impossible to tell black chicks apart. :/

How mutch cold I get for pure breed sizzles.and what do u call a frizzle crossed with a naked neck

I dont think you quite get it. I would venture to say the majority of people on this site are hobby chicken keepers. Somple definition of that is that they dont depend on their chickens as their livelihood. Majority on this thread at least have a primary job or supplemental income from a previous job. Constantly trying to put a value on your birds is going to take away from the enjoyemt. I get it and understand to a certain extent where you are coming from. I suspect most beginner chicken farmers have ambitions of raising chickens and being able to sell eggs, chicks, adult birds, and whatever else to cover the cost of not only ownership but maybe even turn a profit. While this isnt impossible it isnt the norm. The birds that you see selling for higher prices are from breeders that have put in the time( years upon years) to perfect that particualr breed. They come from show winners, national level, not the county fair. Not trying to be harsh but realistic.

Take away if nothing else. Enjoy the birds you have. Thats hard to do when you constanlty try to establish a value or worth.

Soapbox over, back to your normal programming.

How mutch cold I get for pure breed sizzles.and what do u call a frizzle crossed with a naked neck

I dont think you quite get it. I would venture to say the majority of people on this site are hobby chicken keepers. Somple definition of that is that they dont depend on their chickens as their livelihood. Majority on this thread at least have a primary job or supplemental income from a previous job. Constantly trying to put a value on your birds is going to take away from the enjoyemt. I get it and understand to a certain extent where you are coming from. I suspect most beginner chicken farmers have ambitions of raising chickens and being able to sell eggs, chicks, adult birds, and whatever else to cover the cost of not only ownership but maybe even turn a profit. While this isnt impossible it isnt the norm. The birds that you see selling for higher prices are from breeders that have put in the time( years upon years) to perfect that particualr breed. They come from show winners, national level, not the county fair. Not trying to be harsh but realistic.

Take away if nothing else. Enjoy the birds you have. Thats hard to do when you constanlty try to establish a value or worth.

Soapbox over, back to your normal programming.

Oh @ChickenCanoe why did i do it? I said i wasnt going to, that it wasnt worth it. Im feeling a bit like you did the other day. Maybe the same advice i gave you holds true for my post.

Back
Top Bottom