EDUCATIONAL INCUBATION & HATCHING CHAT THREAD, w/ Sally Sunshine Shipped Eggs

@ChickenCanoe
Orioles Magic is alive & well in Baltimore tonight. They beat Toronto in the 11th on a walk-off Trumbo moon shot into the left field seats.

I'm not really a sports person, but I loved the Orioles when I lived in Baltimore.
clap.gif

Babies put themselves on the roost by themselves this evening - didn't even have to go in the tractor coop. And yes, I took a different path back to the house. Didn't want to risk another knock to the noggin.

Well looks like we have another atmospheric river coming this weekend. Heavy snow with levels down to 3000 and major winds. Power outage likely. Of course lockdown starts Wednesday. :eek:

Well looks like we have another atmospheric river coming this weekend. Heavy snow with levels down to 3000 and major winds. Power outage likely. Of course lockdown starts Wednesday.
ep.gif
Oh good grief.
he.gif

So you were a Balti-moron? Not inner-city, I hope
Actually yes, temporarily - went to medical school at Hopkins, so for the first year I lived right there in the dorm. Gunfire at night and everything. Rented apartments after that and then a house in the end - my last year I lived in a house one block from Pimlico - VERY cool!

Okay, I think that I have found the error in my past hatches. I saw a little bit of a pattern in how the humidity has affected the hatch. My first hatch got a 50% hatch rate at 45% humidity. The last one that I had was a 10% hatch rate at 27% humidity. I'm just weighing my eggs now and now I had them at 50% humidity for all 18 days, by the end they were at 12% weight loss. Please correct me if it shouldn't be this dramatic of a difference.

Back
Top Bottom