EDUCATIONAL INCUBATION & HATCHING CHAT THREAD, w/ Sally Sunshine Shipped Eggs

Quote: I like your BIL LOL

did I give the wrong ADDY!!! I dont know anyone elses!
hit.gif

How mutch cold I get for pure breed sizzles.and what do u call a frizzle crossed with a naked neck

How mutch cold I get for pure breed sizzles.and what do u call a frizzle crossed with a naked neck
this is EXACTLY why I do not sell eggs or chicks-especially my seramas! I have over $3000 in birds not counting chicks and grow out, another $2000-$3000 in housing not counting my LF coops, my feed bill is at least $150 a week for optimal feather quality and breeder health, all my incubation equipment, my electric bill is never lower than $400 a month and then count my time, travel expenses for shows to make "Champions" out of them. People want my eggs and chicks for next to nothing or try to buy my "pet" quality birds and sell eggs on ebay as part of my Champion Line for top dollar! @ChickenCanoe said it best about show birds and raising 1000 to get a "Champion". I now have people sign contracts before I will sell any of my birds that are not breeder of show quality stating that they will not use the birds for breeding or show or as representation of my line, much like a humane society does with "mutt" dogs and that these birds are intended as "pets". Next time your mom does bills, look at the electric bill, the bird feed bill and any other care they might require like housing need or medical treatment.Then figure you can get $2.00 max a chick and see how much money you really made. If you want a breed because you think it's a cool breed or you like the eggs or meat for hobby-thats all good. But if you you are looking into chickens to see how much you can "get", save all the money you are wasting on these mutts, pick one breed and set up good housing and breeding quarters and buy a reputable breeding trio.

Rant over
smile.png

It is all done by the phone! So no smile would help!
The second company wanted 1100$ and refused to reduce the price
The second one, AIG, started with 900$ and settled on 750$.
A good deal in my HO.
a good deal it is then. Why can you not meet up with agents?

hit.gif
So sorry!
imma so sorry for dem babies!! I called and left message and emailed them!! I hope they get back to me soon!

this is EXACTLY why I do not sell eggs or chicks-especially my seramas! I have over $3000 in birds not counting chicks and grow out, another $2000-$3000 in housing not counting my LF coops, my feed bill is at least $150 a week for optimal feather quality and breeder health, all my incubation equipment, my electric bill is never lower than $400 a month and then count my time, travel expenses for shows to make "Champions" out of them. People want my eggs and chicks for next to nothing or try to buy my "pet" quality birds and sell eggs on ebay as part of my Champion Line for top dollar! @ChickenCanoe said it best about show birds and raising 1000 to get a "Champion". I now have people sign contracts before I will sell any of my birds that are not breeder of show quality stating that they will not use the birds for breeding or show or as representation of my line, much like a humane society does with "mutt" dogs and that these birds are intended as "pets". Next time your mom does bills, look at the electric bill, the bird feed bill and any other care they might require like housing need or medical treatment.Then figure you can get $2.00 max a chick and see how much money you really made. If you want a breed because you think it's a cool breed or you like the eggs or meat for hobby-thats all good. But if you you are looking into chickens to see how much you can "get", save all the money you are wasting on these mutts, pick one breed and set up good housing and breeding quarters and buy a reputable breeding trio.

Rant over
smile.png
PS this comes after having a very enlightening conversation with a really good breeder and very smart person about how much I actually put into my birds and their worth (and mine!)

I like yer rant
Mornin Love, how you feeling today besides Spirited?
lau.gif

Back
Top Bottom