EDUCATIONAL INCUBATION & HATCHING CHAT THREAD, w/ Sally Sunshine Shipped Eggs

Goodnight!!! I'm finishing watching this episode of there Red Green Show while knitting, then bed for me as well...

:highfive:

Oh I do. If ones AC isn't working and your responsible to get it running and you can't you quickly learn the animal in people.

Oh my.... That would be a disaster.

Most of my grouching about cold weather stems from me being too lazy to put gloves, snowpants, and warm socks on when it's 3°F outside. :oops:

Now I'm really going to bed. :frow

While I don't really want to know, I figure I should know. :oops: What are these?

IMO

They are Carcroch eggs sacks.

Last edited:
All caught up looks like lots of fluffy butts came out today. We are having our first thunderstorm, normally means we don't get anymore snow. @kwhites634 I know what it is like to have to run a saw and wanting to. No better therapy than the smell of a 2-stroke so loud you can't hear anyone. Keep your eyes on target and your feet under you and there safer than most people think. Plans to setup a second incubator I acquired last winter and never run yet. I have people asking for barnyard birds. I have turkey set in the other with room for marans that should be here in a couple weeks. Foley Line BLRW chicks coming about the same time. Hope the back works out the kinks cause I need to tackle that redwood incubator and turn it into a hatcher in 20'ish days. So far steroid injections have done nothing, well maybe made things worse.

For all the people that love to see people that use intelligence when they work. See this guy, he uses physics and experience to overcome the problem that he has no help! Nice job!

[VIDEO]

Hatch update/question: I keep hearing lockdown day 18...it's 4 hours into my day 18 and I think my Brinsea time keeper is off. I know I put them in at 9:45 pm on March 22, but several tiny power outages later, my machine isn't flipping to the next day at that time anymore. I think it's because I didn't know to clear the indicator that the power had been out on the display. ANYWAY...I was just trying to figure out what to do when I spotted 3 little wiggles in the bator. I hope I did the right thing: gently removed them, took turner out, put hatch mat in, topped up water, laid them back in so they are touching. Does anyone think I've done it too early? I hope I haven't totally screwed it up. I was just afraid the machine would be turning all night with wiggly eggs which might be worse...??

Ugh!!! So stressed!!!

Hatch update/question: I keep hearing lockdown day 18...it's 4 hours into my day 18 and I think my Brinsea time keeper is off. I know I put them in at 9:45 pm on March 22, but several tiny power outages later, my machine isn't flipping to the next day at that time anymore. I think it's because I didn't know to clear the indicator that the power had been out on the display. ANYWAY...I was just trying to figure out what to do when I spotted 3 little wiggles in the bator. I hope I did the right thing: gently removed them, took turner out, put hatch mat in, topped up water, laid them back in so they are touching. Does anyone think I've done it too early? I hope I haven't totally screwed it up. I was just afraid the machine would be turning all night with wiggly eggs which might be worse...??

Ugh!!! So stressed!!!

Be calm, it isn't a Brain surgery, You don't have to be that accurate!
You did OK,
stopped turning is good
Did you reduce your temp to 37C?
You add water it is good
What are your humidity levels?
You need to be around 70%

Last edited:
Be calm, it isn't a Brain surgery, You don't have to be that accurate!
You did OK,
stopped turning is good
Did you reduce your temp to 37C?
You add water it is good
What are your humidity levels?
You need to be around 70%

I've got it at 37ish---(98.7-98.9 fluctuating) My water wells are full and the humidity is climbing. It's at 54% now---hoping it will keep going up. Going to try to sleep for a while & check in morning! Thanks!!

Back
Top Bottom