EDUCATIONAL INCUBATION & HATCHING CHAT THREAD, w/ Sally Sunshine Shipped Eggs

Be calm, it isn't a Brain surgery, You don't have to be that accurate!
You did OK,
stopped turning is good
Did you reduce your temp to 37C?
You add water it is good
What are your humidity levels?
You need to be around 70%

I've got it at 37ish---(98.7-98.9 fluctuating) My water wells are full and the humidity is climbing. It's at 54% now---hoping it will keep going up. Going to try to sleep for a while & check in morning! Thanks!!

If the humidity will not get higher you should enlarge the evaporation surface, a sponge, broader and shallower containers, a pice of cloth dipped in the water, ect.

IMO

They are Carcroch eggs sacks.

I knew you would have an answer.
Hatch update/question: I keep hearing lockdown day 18...it's 4 hours into my day 18 and I think my Brinsea time keeper is off. I know I put them in at 9:45 pm on March 22, but several tiny power outages later, my machine isn't flipping to the next day at that time anymore. I think it's because I didn't know to clear the indicator that the power had been out on the display. ANYWAY...I was just trying to figure out what to do when I spotted 3 little wiggles in the bator. I hope I did the right thing: gently removed them, took turner out, put hatch mat in, topped up water, laid them back in so they are touching. Does anyone think I've done it too early? I hope I haven't totally screwed it up. I was just afraid the machine would be turning all night with wiggly eggs which might be worse...??

Ugh!!! So stressed!!!

You did fine! :clap

Cockatiel egg don't look good
I'm shocked.
I thought today was hatch day. Isn't it day 18?

Yeah, but cold you can dress up to ward off so you don't actually have to avoid outside all that much.... For heat, there's only so much you can remove before it becomes illegal.
My sentiments exactly.

What are nighttime lows down in Hades on earth? Bet it doesn't even go below 60....
When it gets really hot here, 100-110F, it usually doesn't get below the 80s at night. No time to recover.

Chanticler handle everything.

They are a perfect bird for everywhere.
Quote:
Not for sustained highs of 105-110F, sweetheart...
Unwise to try and raise Chanteclers in those conditions.
The bird that I've found most capable of handling extreme cold and extreme heat like we get is the Jaerhon.
In recent years, it has ranged from -19F to 111F.

We don't get no breezes...
th.gif
Brutal. Seems like when the heat and humidity are the worst here, the wind stops.

I find it hard to wrap my head around the idea wearing long sleeves is comfortable in summer...
When I worked in a factory, it could get up into the 120s. Most people wore short sleeved coveralls. I always wore long sleeves. There's nothing worse than sweating and getting oily dirt and weld slag all over your arms.

DYK the lowest point of Canada is lower than the highest point of California?
Barely.
Is that Pelee island?
I went to Windsor when I used to go to Detroit for training. Wild town.

DYK that the human head weighs 8 pounds?
Depends on who's head you're weighing.

Last edited:
Good morning everyone. :frow

Yep I'm up really early. Thought the clock said 4:30. Oh well

More eggs hatching the last two DC are still trying day 23 If they make it it will be 9 of 12 still 7 is awesome. Shipped eggs. 9 made it to lockdown.
The last dark egg from Marans mix hatch last night at the start of day 23 so all 5 of them hatched.
4 of the 7 Altsteriers have hatched.

Good morning everyone.
frow.gif

Yep I'm up really early. Thought the clock said 4:30. Oh well

More eggs hatching the last two DC are still trying day 23 If they make it it will be 9 of 12 still 7 is awesome. Shipped eggs. 9 made it to lockdown.
The last dark egg from Marans mix hatch last night at the start of day 23 so all 5 of them hatched.
4 of the 7 Altsteriers have hatched.
wee.gif

Now, go back to bed!

Back
Top Bottom