EDUCATIONAL INCUBATION & HATCHING CHAT THREAD, w/ Sally Sunshine Shipped Eggs

Poor Duckling. I told her she could play outside tomorrow. :oops: We are getting more storms.
And since weather is a big topic lately...
I had to turn on the air conditioner tonight. I just couldn't take it anymore!

94 eggs set with with 8 different hatch dates. Marans, olive eggers, barnyard mix, Texas A&M quail, Rosetta quail, bronze broadbrest turkey (that have not been fertile with 3 toms???). 1/4 of the garden fence built. About 2 miles of beef fence up. Next projects are finish garden fence, rain days get very old redwood incubator cleaned up and running for use as a hatcher or incubator and use one of my current smaller incubators for a hatcher. With 12 dz eggs in the frig I need more room to set eggs or need to find more egg customers.

94 eggs set with with 8 different hatch dates. Marans, olive eggers, barnyard mix, Texas A&M quail, Rosetta quail, bronze broadbrest turkey (that have not been fertile with 3 toms???). 1/4 of the garden fence built. About 2 miles of beef fence up. Next projects are finish garden fence, rain days get very old redwood incubator cleaned up and running for use as a hatcher or incubator and use one of my current smaller incubators for a hatcher. With 12 dz eggs in the frig I need more room to set eggs or need to find more egg customers.
clap.gif

Well, I've been going non-stop since 15 hours, 25 minutes ago, since I last posted. Got a lot done, more still to do. Just came in from being on "possum watch" (sitting on the lounge chair and watching the CL coop until the auto door shut - fortunately, no baby possums two days in a row). Got really cold - was drinking hard cider and it was breezy and 73F - I was shivering (not kidding, chattering teeth). (Alas, it's not a "I'm from Texas" thing, and I have plenty of "insulation", it's a "I really overdid it today" thing - I don't thermoregulate well when I'm over-exhausted.)

Skipped weighing the Aloha NNs today. Too tired. I did manage to do brooder cleaning, a little coop cleaning and caught up with my mother on the phone, so at least there's that.

I'll read back, but I suspect that the best thing would be to go to bed. Stat.

- Ant Farm

BTW, @kwhites634 - I have some tips for you if you build these tractors, now that I've done a bunch of front panels in a row (always a pain). Frame up the door first, putting it together all square with cross supports. Then set it down and set the location of the "K" pieces (frame for the door) into the "F" piece based on the door margins, and glue and put in place. THEN put the "L" piece on top with bracket, and do the G and B pieces LAST. Be sure not to put the G and B parts on the wrong side - look at the diagram a lot first.

(Ask me how I know..)

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom