EDUCATIONAL INCUBATION & HATCHING CHAT THREAD, w/ Sally Sunshine Shipped Eggs

Well, spit it out, girl, what is it? You know that's what we're here for.

Oh Ya right I for got I can do that, OK I'll skip to the question

OK, do a couple of days I ago I was going to collect the eggs, And as I was getting then I notcied our disabled chicken Rainbow (A black Americauna) was on the nest, no biggie, except I saw her there this morning when I went to go and let the chickens out, she was broody, so I did the unual and left that nesting box alone, BUT it was the fave one of the flock, so she got booted off often, and my pet chicen Lollipop (Same breed as Rainbow, except she's fatter, Rainbow's just a scrawny little bird) and when I found Lollipop on the nest, I booted her off of it, only to find one of the eggs broken under her, so I thew it out and threw some shaving over the yolkeness (I just made up a word) so that Rainbow would want to go back on, and she did, a couple of hours later, I went back to the coop to check up on Rainbow (Beacuse 2 of our hens , Lollipop and a white Chataclir that has a name, but we have 3 and they are so alike I often can't tell them apart, they had been diving for the nest non-stop) and I found Lollipop on the nest, so I booted her off, and ANOTHER egg was brocken, and as I pcked it up to thow it out, the yolk fell out, and she dived for it, It sounds like egg eating, but I can hold eggs up to her, put them under her, I have a diffrent theory, I think Lollipop is crushing the eggs by acedent, and then smelling the yolk and attenpting to eat it, beacuse when I grab the eggs, only then does she notce it, and then go for it, and also, the member (Or whatever it is the holds the yolk in its roundness) was sitll there, the yolk was unbroken.

I need new chicks, and I can't get the other hens to leave Rainbow alone, and I don't think Lollipop is an eggeater, I've seen that before.

What do I do? :confused:

That was huge.....

Oh Ya right I for got I can do that, OK I'll skip to the question

OK, do a couple of days I ago I was going to collect the eggs, And as I was getting then I notcied our disabled chicken Rainbow (A black Americauna) was on the nest, no biggie, except I saw her there this morning when I went to go and let the chickens out, she was broody, so I did the unual and left that nesting box alone, BUT it was the fave one of the flock, so she got booted off often, and my pet chicen Lollipop (Same breed as Rainbow, except she's fatter, Rainbow's just a scrawny little bird) and when I found Lollipop on the nest, I booted her off of it, only to find one of the eggs broken under her, so I thew it out and threw some shaving over the yolkeness (I just made up a word) so that Rainbow would want to go back on, and she did, a couple of hours later, I went back to the coop to check up on Rainbow (Beacuse 2 of our hens , Lollipop and a white Chataclir that has a name, but we have 3 and they are so alike I often can't tell them apart, they had been diving for the nest non-stop) and I found Lollipop on the nest, so I booted her off, and ANOTHER egg was brocken, and as I pcked it up to thow it out, the yolk fell out, and she dived for it, It sounds like egg eating, but I can hold eggs up to her, put them under her, I have a diffrent theory, I think Lollipop is crushing the eggs by acedent, and then smelling the yolk and attenpting to eat it, beacuse when I grab the eggs, only then does she notce it, and then go for it, and also, the member (Or whatever it is the holds the yolk in its roundness) was sitll there, the yolk was unbroken.

I need new chicks, and I can't get the other hens to leave Rainbow alone, and I don't think Lollipop is an eggeater, I've seen that before.

What do I do? :confused:

That was huge.....
Ralphie suggested moving her, carefully.

Way? You intend to be a career Chickenolg? If it won't stay I the boundaries of Hobby it won't worth the effort.
There are MUCH more lucrative business!
Chicken wha? :hmm

People have different definitions of "hobby". I think a few hundred birds kept to provide sufficient stock to breed from and sell can still be a hobby.

Back
Top Bottom