EDUCATIONAL INCUBATION & HATCHING CHAT THREAD, w/ Sally Sunshine Shipped Eggs

IMG_20170529_165210.jpg

OK, do I take the nesing box, with her and her aggs in it?

You should go look at the Old Fashioned Broody thread I linked earlier. Many folks recommend moving them at night.

5th one looks like it died after internally pipping or almost so. The rest are rocking and peeping much more. :fl

Do I need to tell you to stop candling, young lady?! :lol:

Joyous, joyous day here. As always, the day after culling a lot of extra cockerels is always so peaceful in the chicken yard. Everyone has fresh water in scrubbed waterers (I have hard water, and it leaves a build up), and all feeders refilled. It's only up to 88F today, so everyone thinks it's delightful in comparison to the day before. And best of all, all the laying hens got the organs left over from culling as treats. There's nothing quite like watching otherwise sedate grown up chickens playing keep away with chicken hearts. :lau

Puppy was a little piggy, as always. She was out of the coop, so I hand fed her some, then when I put the pan into the coop, she jumped back in to have more. :rolleyes:

Time to start in on the chicken stock.

- Ant Farm

Do I need to tell you to stop candling, young lady?! :lol:

Joyous, joyous day here. As always, the day after culling a lot of extra cockerels is always so peaceful in the chicken yard. Everyone has fresh water in scrubbed waterers (I have hard water, and it leaves a build up), and all feeders refilled. It's only up to 88F today, so everyone thinks it's delightful in comparison to the day before. And best of all, all the laying hens got the organs left over from culling as treats. There's nothing quite like watching otherwise sedate grown up chickens playing keep away with chicken hearts. :lau

Puppy was a little piggy, as always. She was out of the coop, so I hand fed her some, then when I put the pan into the coop, she jumped back in to have more. :rolleyes:

Time to start in on the chicken stock.

- Ant Farm
Uh, no, I've put down the candler and smacked my patties now. :oops:

Back
Top Bottom