EDUCATIONAL INCUBATION & HATCHING CHAT THREAD, w/ Sally Sunshine Shipped Eggs

Totally your decision. You can try washing it like Ralphie does in the warm water and bleach.

If it's key genetics, I'd wash and try to hatch it.

If it's nothing special...feed it to the chickens.

Actually, I know shome frieds who are thinkign of getting chickens, and I said that they coudl have the hatch (I've got 9 eggs)

I bought my TI in late 1973, it had 4 functions,add subtract, multiply and divide. People were amazed by it. It was slightly larger than a paperback book, and cost me $99. Which in today's dollars would be 500 or so.
Even after spending 21 years in the computer world, it continues to blow my mind that I have more technology & computing power on the coffee table than what sent the first man to the moon & brought him home safely.

What the heck is a green pole and why does it need to be treated?
Our main hydro pole in the middle of the yard. Yeah...they just put it in in 2014 or 15 to replace the old one after the flood. Apparently some of the green poles have rot inside?? They tapped the pole and pour some stuff that supposed to harden. I put hardware cloth around the pole so my birds/rabbits can't access this. Good thing I went to pick eggs! I wouldn't have known about the stuff they were pouring in the pole. :mad:

Last edited:
Actually, I know shome frieds who are thinkign of getting chickens, and I said that they coudl have the hatch (I've got 9 eggs)
Nice!!! :thumbsup I want to hear how you make out.
like, devloping?!
Ewww...ewww....ick. No just regular eggs. I dispose of old hatching eggs in a slough. I don't wanna see what's in them. *shudders* Well, sat on 1-2 days are ok.

I fed about 8 dozen eggs that were about 2 months old yesterday. Ones the broodies "might" have sat on ever night ...but that I wasn't going to eat.

Back
Top Bottom