EDUCATIONAL INCUBATION & HATCHING CHAT THREAD, w/ Sally Sunshine Shipped Eggs

More relevant to the discussion, I've found that MOST (not all though) Americans have a bit of a bias against fermented foods. Having a mom from Vietnam meant I grew up eating tons of fermented foods (soy sauce, fish sauce, kombu, and kimchi are all examples) so I can confidently say that there is a VAST difference between spoiled food and fermented food. If you've ever drank beer then guess what, you've also had fermented food.

Nowadays I live in Belgium, where we get old-school German fermented saurkraut and similar foodstuffs on the regular. So fermented foods are still a large part of my diet. Only reason I haven't eaten fermented foods in a while is because I'm pregnant, but I'll probably go back to that (and delicious farm-fresh raw milk) when he's born.
Wine, bred, pickles, beer, vinegar, cider, are fermented food and drinks.

In regards to ethanol from the other side of the coin...our low protein winter wheat (low nines) will be shipped out to the ethanol plant this week. The only requirements that were of concern was the bushel weight of 58 lbs, which it easily met. We'll be making approx. $.50 more per bushel there than any other market for feed or food. We have to ship father which will cost more per bushel to get it hauled...but we still come out ahead.

I find wet grain smells. Too bad most of you weren't closer in 2014. We had approximately 3 feet of soaked grain in our bins that everyone could have got for free...lol.

View attachment 1138990 View attachment 1138991 View attachment 1138992
They sludged all that out of the bins and it was dumped. It was no good to us, it would have molded and gotten infested with bugs.
You ship your father too???

Back
Top Bottom