EDUCATIONAL INCUBATION & HATCHING CHAT THREAD, w/ Sally Sunshine Shipped Eggs

Good morning everyone! It's a glorious day here. It's calm and cool this morning.

Yesterday when I checked the traps, one of the big ones had been moved/dragged about 20 or so feet. So I didn't know what to think of that. Both that trap and the coyote trap were set off, nothing in them and the marshmallows eaten. The traps have been pilfered for a few days now with nothing caught.

So I thought about it all yesterday and set my traps last night. I got out the heaviest trap and baited it inside with mallows. I brought a cement block for the lighter trap and I baited it underneath the trap and set the trap on the mallows. This morning I had a lovely little friend waiting for me.

20170926_071205.jpg

I said a very quiet "good morning" to him and he posed very nicely, I think. Skunks don't have very good eyesight. If you move s-l-o-w-l-y and don't startle them...you can walk up to them, usually, without being sprayed.

Good morning everyone! It's a glorious day here. It's calm and cool this morning.

Yesterday when I checked the traps, one of the big ones had been moved/dragged about 20 or so feet. So I didn't know what to think of that. Both that trap and the coyote trap were set off, nothing in them and the marshmallows eaten. The traps have been pilfered for a few days now with nothing caught.

So I thought about it all yesterday and set my traps last night. I got out the heaviest trap and baited it inside with mallows. I brought a cement block for the lighter trap and I baited it underneath the trap and set the trap on the mallows. This morning I had a lovely little friend waiting for me.

View attachment 1145692

I said a very quiet "good morning" to him and he posed very nicely, I think. Skunks don't have very good eyesight. If you move s-l-o-w-l-y and don't startle them...you can walk up to them, usually, without being sprayed.
:yesss: Go Skunk Lady!

View attachment 1145692

Grats on the catch!!!

I hear the hind quarters fry up tender and sweet. The family will thank you when you serve it up.

Back
Top Bottom