EDUCATIONAL INCUBATION & HATCHING CHAT THREAD, w/ Sally Sunshine Shipped Eggs

I have one of those. I love it. However I will say it is not very powerfull if your trying to chop tall or thick grass or weeds. It works good for our yard we keep mowed. . not so good on the back lot where the weeds get tall.
These are our "weedeaters". They attack the tallest weeds first they work their way to the lowest weeds and grass. We only mowed our pasture paddocks once this Summer. Yesterday I let them out and they attacked the front fence line on our residents side. They are like Pacman and Ms. Pacman, munch munch munch. The fertilize the lawn as they move from area to area.
Breeding Goats was one of the best decisions we made when starting the farm. They are employees that keep us off the mover and allow us to concentrate on other things.

Good morning everyone! It's a glorious day here. It's calm and cool this morning.

Yesterday when I checked the traps, one of the big ones had been moved/dragged about 20 or so feet. So I didn't know what to think of that. Both that trap and the coyote trap were set off, nothing in them and the marshmallows eaten. The traps have been pilfered for a few days now with nothing caught.

So I thought about it all yesterday and set my traps last night. I got out the heaviest trap and baited it inside with mallows. I brought a cement block for the lighter trap and I baited it underneath the trap and set the trap on the mallows. This morning I had a lovely little friend waiting for me.

View attachment 1145692

I said a very quiet "good morning" to him and he posed very nicely, I think. Skunks don't have very good eyesight. If you move s-l-o-w-l-y and don't startle them...you can walk up to them, usually, without being sprayed.

Nothing in trap this am. Did not take bait either. Hopefully I'll have a happy squirrel when I come home in the trap.

Back
Top Bottom