EDUCATIONAL INCUBATION & HATCHING CHAT THREAD, w/ Sally Sunshine Shipped Eggs

First time hatching. I have 34 eggs to go in the incubator tonight. Incubators been on for 24 hours. Temp range 99.1-100.4. Humidity 52%-57%. Anything else I need to have in place?
Yeah....something to lower that humidity to about 30%-35% 'til the 18th day. You have an auto turner?
Hold on! We talking chicken eggs or turkey eggs?....just looked closer at your username

Envious. Both of the chickens and your lights. My light hasn't stopped working...but now it's like a night club strobe. It flashes 100% of the time...and I've tried different bulbs. I heard a pop in the switch box when it happened. I don't want to burn it down so I'm waiting for the electrician...lol. Whenever we decide to call him. :lau...:confused:
Turn off the breaker and change out the switch. Install it exactly like the original.. :old

First time hatching. I have 34 eggs to go in the incubator tonight. Incubators been on for 24 hours. Temp range 99.1-100.4. Humidity 52%-57%. Anything else I need to have in place?
Do not touch the settings on the incubator for 24 hours after adding the eggs(unless the temperature spikes over 102F).

Consider lowering humidity on day 7 if the air cells look like they are not developing correctly

3126282_orig.gif

Back
Top Bottom