EDUCATIONAL INCUBATION & HATCHING CHAT THREAD, w/ Sally Sunshine Shipped Eggs

Isn't that illegal?? It is certainly abuse.
Technically they could do that because the 72-hour week would include your lunch break and you can legally work as a truck driver 70 hours in an 8 day. Then you have to have a 34-hour reset. Some of these companies would think just because you can legally work that many hours then somehow you should have to work that many I mean after all you took a job for their company as a driver. As if anybody sane would want to do it. The shame is there so few local jobs that there are some people desperate enough to get off the road that they'll take stuff like that.

I'm kinda late...but that's quite the news! Something not going right there...lol.
Oh, it's gotten even better since that post. Now the seller's backing up, saying that they shipped assembled the cost of shipping would increase substantially. He's absorbing the shipping. That's all very nice, but that's contrary to what he told me.

That's fantastic! :clap Have you used it yet?
Nope; can't get the ram to move. Waiting now for word that one of their service centers can straighten it out. I know the guy; bought 2 commercial Gravely mowers from him. Problem is, in addition to being a Gravely dealer he's also a farm tractor dealer/repair center; this is their super-busy season.

Technically they could do that because the 72-hour week would include your lunch break and you can legally work as a truck driver 70 hours in an 8 day. Then you have to have a 34-hour reset. Some of these companies would think just because you can legally work that many hours then somehow you should have to work that many I mean after all you took a job for their company as a driver. As if anybody sane would want to do it. The shame is there so few local jobs that there are some people desperate enough to get off the road that they'll take stuff like that.
You have to find something that you can do from home....

I hope you told them to go pound sand!
I did. I told them there's no way I'm going to work that many hours I just finally got this job stop giving me a billion hours I'm looking for something better not worse.
I told them 72 hours a week was insane I might want to life and not just work. He said okay I'll take you off the list then I said go right ahead.

I did. I told them there's no way I'm going to work that many hours I just finally got this job stop giving me a billion hours I'm looking for something better not worse.
I told them 72 hours a week was insane I might want to life and not just work. He said okay I'll take you off the list then I said go right ahead.
Good for you! Unfortunately, like you said, there are too many desperate folks out there that are so strapped they're willing to sell their souls for a paycheck, regardless of the health consequences.

Good for you! Unfortunately, like you said, there are too many desperate folks out there that are so strapped they're willing to sell their souls for a paycheck, regardless of the health consequences.
Unfortunately, there's also the fact that with all these rules and regulations supposedly to protect people, it has made it so that companies can take advantage. Since you can legally work that many so darn you should. It benefits the company not to have to hire a second worker especially a company like this trucking company that can hire drivers and not have to pay overtime because they deal with food so their AG right so they don't have to pay overtime.

Last edited:
Trying to put me to work, aren't you? :gig
Remember awhile back there wicky, when I had a power failure and fried up 30 something eggs and you came in late and said... :smack
sSig_nonosign.gif
well............. I'm too busy to scroll back and find my posts from the last few days but, recap.. New oven died early into a hatch. Took about 1-1/2 days to exchange it. Re set the eggs.
Hatch was originally marked down for Mon/Tues.
Today they are busting out like popcorn. I was ready to chuck-em, but waited. Been busy getting 8 can of Barley grain every day and CL-ing them. Came in for a drink and cheap-cheap-cheap.
Better late than never Wicked! Glad to see you back but I'm out now. TTYL:hugs

Remember awhile back there wicky, when I had a power failure and fried up 30 something eggs and you came in late and said... :smackView attachment 1373734 .
well............. I'm too busy to scroll back and find my posts from the last few days but, recap.. New oven died early into a hatch. Took about 1-1/2 days to exchange it. Re set the eggs.
Hatch was originally marked down for Mon/Tues.
Today they are busting out like popcorn. I was ready to chuck-em, but waited. Been busy getting 8 can of Barley grain every day and CL-ing them. Came in for a drink and cheap-cheap-cheap.
Better late than never Wicked! Glad to see you back but I'm out now. TTYL:hugs
So they are hatching? That's awesome!! Are they healthy and robust?

I'm so sorry...I'm trying hard to catch up and keep up with everything while getting ready for seeding and doing the whole farming thing. Just picking up our cultivator. No rest for the Wicked...right? :p
20180504_155046.jpg

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom