EDUCATIONAL INCUBATION & HATCHING CHAT THREAD, w/ Sally Sunshine Shipped Eggs

Hi,

My silkie bantam eggs are on day 16 and two out of four are wiggling today should I go into lockdown already it's very early I would think but want some advice? Thanks in advance everyone. Haven't been on this in ages because I haven't been incubating but good to be back!

There was a desiccant packet in the crate with my splitter. Does anyone know if they're safe for use in incubators, the same way dry rice is used?
:oops: scared.gif

Hi,

My silkie bantam eggs are on day 16 and two out of four are wiggling today should I go into lockdown already it's very early I would think but want some advice? Thanks in advance everyone. Haven't been on this in ages because I haven't been incubating but good to be back!
Hello Ireland I don’t know about bantams but I’ve heard they do hatch early.

There was a desiccant packet in the crate with my splitter. Does anyone know if they're safe for use in incubators, the same way dry rice is used?
It depends on the subseptenc ,susaly it is Silica based desiccant, a subbstsnt that it is inert and non toxic, so don't see any problem. Especially when it don't touch the eggs.

Hi,

I've hatched a lot of bantam eggs. They do often hatch early. Having said that, day 16 is still early. If your date is right as to when they will hatch, you are just seeing them make that turn! Won't be long. Could be day 18 or 19...or 20.. or....lol....I have found a lot do hatch on day 19 and 20.

It depends on the subseptenc ,susaly it is Silica based desiccant, a subbstsnt that it is inert and non toxic, so don't see any problem. Especially when it don't touch the eggs.
All it says is "Do not eat...Desiccant...throw away" Eating it never crossed my mind :th
I'll put it in one of my gun cabinets; the one down here in the basement, then it won't be a possible problem.

Back
Top Bottom