EDUCATIONAL INCUBATION & HATCHING CHAT THREAD, w/ Sally Sunshine Shipped Eggs

Okay serious question that I need advice please :) 12 bantam polish, shipped eggs. Temps has been maintained at 99.6-100.6 with the exception of one day when the temp dropped for maybe 2-3 hours to 97. The humidity in my hatching room is high, MD weather and a fish tank. So the humidity was between 35-40% till day 18.
Day 21, temp has been maintained at 99.5 -99.8 humidity between 60-75%. Several have internal pips, peeping and most have movement. I was concerned that none have proceeded further as this is a first time after hatching several of these batches that the air cell looked a little small at lockdown. I pulled them quickly this morning, and noticed the air cells have changed quite dramatically, looking more normal for their age. Question: The ones that have pipped internally are pipped way up from their original marked spots, should I be concerned? Thank you!

Okay serious question that I need advice please :) 12 bantam polish, shipped eggs. Temps has been maintained at 99.6-100.6 with the exception of one day when the temp dropped for maybe 2-3 hours to 97. The humidity in my hatching room is high, MD weather and a fish tank. So the humidity was between 35-40% till day 18.
Day 21, temp has been maintained at 99.5 -99.8 humidity between 60-75%. Several have internal pips, peeping and most have movement. I was concerned that none have proceeded further as this is a first time after hatching several of these batches that the air cell looked a little small at lockdown. I pulled them quickly this morning, and noticed the air cells have changed quite dramatically, looking more normal for their age. Question: The ones that have pipped internally are pipped way up from their original marked spots, should I be concerned? Thank you!
In this stage concern or not it will not change the outcome, so If I was in your shoes I would choose not to.

But it keeps the worms away. You ever see a drunk with a case of worms?
agree sign.gif

Back
Top Bottom