EE and Rhode Island Reds. Gender??

I say give them some more time... since they are EE and probably homemade EE- you may have some with a single comb or a pea comb..... here are a couple shots of my home grown EE. I really wanted him to be a pullet...... but he is my Handsome. He has always had a pea comb... pictures are in order by age. He is now 31 weeks old.

Oh- and to clarify a bit more about EE's..... there are differences between hatchery EE and homegrown. See pictures below. Always a difference...

Hatchery- game looking, long necks, small framed.

Homegrown- lay green eggs
smile.png

(not the splash- but front and back)

New Pics:
First two is the EasterEgger/RIR Mix:

Pure RIR that I'm assuming is a Roo based on the advice of you guy (I have 3 that are all VERY similar and look just like this one):

Comparison between the EE/RIR cross and the RIR:

Still probably too soon to guess gender but I'm *thinking* the EE/RIR is a hen and the other 3 RIR ones are Roos. That's what I'm leaning towards. Any guesses from you guys?

Your EE/RIR looks SOOO similar to mine. Hoping they are pullets! :) Does yours act like the "big man on campus" like mine does? Don't know if its a breed trait or what...

Your RIR 1 looks very "pulletish" to me. The RIR 2 looks more cockerel to me but mine have bigger combs than yours do so I'd lean more toward pullet on yours. But the tails are so different you'd think it was a 1/1...

Your EE/RIR looks SOOO similar to mine. Hoping they are pullets! :) Does yours act like the "big man on campus" like mine does? Don't know if its a breed trait or what...

Your RIR 1 looks very "pulletish" to me. The RIR 2 looks more cockerel to me but mine have bigger combs than yours do so I'd lean more toward pullet on yours. But the tails are so different you'd think it was a 1/1...

smile.png
Not all "big men on campus" are roos.... at least not in my experience. I had a pullet, affectionately called Sassy Cassy because she was so feisty with me and others lol I thought she was a roo....

Last edited:

Yes, mine is definitely top of the pecking order. I hope there pullets too!

Back
Top Bottom