EE colouring / plumage - chicks vs/ adults --- Post your PICS!

Pics

Only one of my pictures uploaded in the previous post so here is the other chick.

Only one of my pictures uploaded in the previous post so here is the other chick.

I just recently found this thread too. How cool that this was done! I went through all the postings to get an idea of what my one little EE chick might turn out like. Conclusion: hard to tell. :/ It is so interesting to see how much they change.

Here's a pic of my EE at 2 days old (I think).

Let's get this thread revived.

I just recently found this thread too. How cool that this was done! I went through all the postings to get an idea of what my one little EE chick might turn out like. Conclusion: hard to tell. :/ It is so interesting to see how much they change.

Here's a pic of my EE at 2 days old (I think).

Let's get this thread revived.

I would guess yours might end up light colored or in the red family. Sweet baby

Here are ours now. They are ten weeks old in these pictures. The darker one was the one with solid black stepping and head spot. The lighter colored one had the brown in the middle of her head spot

My EE chick's color progression.

2 days:

About 2 weeks:

At about 3 weeks, she started to get all this red on her chest, and for a while she looked like a robin (upper right in below pic):

4 weeks:

5 weeks:

6 weeks:

This is today. She'll be 9 weeks tomorrow. Or he. Pretty sure she is she, though:

I just noticed looking through these pics how the original yellowish beard fluff went away but then it came back dark gray, just in the last couple weeks. Cool!

She is gorgeous!
My EE chick's color progression. 2 days: About 2 weeks: At about 3 weeks, she started to get all this red on her chest, and for a while she looked like a robin (upper right in below pic): 4 weeks: 5 weeks: 6 weeks: This is today. She'll be 9 weeks tomorrow. Or he. Pretty sure she is she, though: I just noticed looking through these pics how the original yellowish beard fluff went away but then it came back dark gray, just in the last couple weeks. Cool!

[COLOR=111111]Here are ours now. They are ten weeks old in these pictures. The darker one was the one with solid black stepping and head spot. The lighter colored one had the brown in the middle of her head spot[/COLOR]
I went back to look at your original photos and comment. Yup, you can tell them apart.:D They turned out lovely. If any of the posters from last year are still following, thank you for sharing your photos. the transformations are truly amazing!

@Clio320i , I'm hoping my baby looks like this when she grows up, very similar coloring, just a blue-r face! She has a patch of red on her head, and very puffy blue/cream cheeks! Her underbelly and backside are all blue and her wings are blue laced in gold, and her back in darker blue. Her tail feathers are gold and blue, more gold.

She is 1 week old today.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom