EE colouring / plumage - chicks vs/ adults --- Post your PICS!

Pics

GeneGoddess

Songster
10 Years
Sep 1, 2009
Maryland
I've seen this question several times (at least once my me!): "My EE chick looks like X. Anyone know what s/he will look like as an adult???"

Of course, no one knows, which is part of the fun. But I thought we might start a thread with pics of our uber cute chicks and the gorgeous adults that they become. I'm going to start, but since my chicks are only a few weeks old, I'll update with new pics as time goes by. And whenever they start laying eggs (COME ON GIRLS!), I'll post a pic of their egg colour as well!

EDITED WITH UPDATED PICS (Age now approx 18wks)
Pics are few days, 3-4wks, 8wks, 18wks

"Leader" - total spaz and no longer the leader.
LeaderEE.jpg

Leader.jpg

Leader1.jpg

Leader4x4.jpg

"Nugget" my husband's former fav and VERY late feathering. I have the hardest time telling Leader and Nugget
apart now, though they looked NOTHING alike as chicks...
Also going from coal black to very golden in colouring. Now hard to tell apart from Leader (above).
Nugget.jpg

Nugget.jpg

Nugget1.jpg

Nugget4x4.jpg

Lightest (renamed Greywing) - check out the bluish wing feathers (it's more striking than in the pics)!!!
EELight.jpg

Lightest-1.jpg

Greywinglightest1.jpg

Greywinglightest2.jpg

Greywing4x4.jpg

The twins (no names at the time) - I couldn't tell them apart at the beginning.
DashDot.jpg

Anonymous (Still no name)
5th.jpg

TwinA.jpg

Anonymous2.jpg

Anonymous4x4.jpg

This is PastyButt (s/he was my one chick who pastied up). Has now been renamed Cupcake, as PastyButt was
probably not appropriate. VERY late feathering as well. Now basically black/white with some tan on the chest.
Widestripe.jpg

PastySlow.jpg

Cupcake1.jpg

Cupcake4x4.jpg

Cupcake4x42.jpg

Last edited:
I bought an EE lady spring abbr named her Maisey. She was a curious and inquisitive little thing from the moment we got her.

20170430_193926.jpg

Around five weeks of age I thought I heard a strange little attempt at a crow coming from the brooder that the chicks were in. Oh no, at least one of my 4 wee chicks was definitely a roo! Yep, you guessed it, Maisy turned out to be a roo. I renamed him Dexter and here he is all grown up. Turned out to be a beautiful rooster.
20180221_153144.jpg

Thanks! I'm really hoping he fits in with my flock. He's quarantined at the moment, and is very vocal. I fell in love with his unique look. I'm excited to see what kind off offspring he produces!
Well Elvis is now a proud member of our flock. He fits in great. He's even picked his favorite girl, which happens to be my white EE, Dove.

*EDIT- CombOver was his name, but we changed it to Elvis now... Since he loves to "sing" quite often, and his comb reminds us of Elvis' hair.
IMG_20191201_164232_960.jpg
IMG_20191115_080932_412.jpg

Coco is 20 weeks/5 months!
She has had color on her comb the longest than the other 3. She is getting more skiddish & untouchable. Other than comb, she shows no other signs of lay any time soon.View attachment 2328689
COCO LAID HER FIRST EGG TODAY! :celebrate
She is 27 weeks today.
Like Georgia, my first EE to lay, Coco's egg is green. I have 2 more chances to get a blue egg..and a pink one would be nice too...hehe.
20201021_172932.jpg

20201021_173317.jpg

Here's what I've got that I can contribute:

This little girl was purchased last February:
DSC_0024Large-1.jpg

She grew into this:
July42009004.jpg

This little girl (also purchased last Feb):
DSC_0011Large-1-1.jpg

She grew into this:
July42009005.jpg

I now have this (bantam EE) and am waiting to see how he/she develops:
DSC_0109Small.jpg

I'm hoping it's a wheaton, pullet, that lays blue eggs - but I probably have a roo
lol.png
!

Back
Top Bottom