EE colouring / plumage - chicks vs/ adults --- Post your PICS!

Pics
The misspelling is the clue . Most hatchery stock is EE . A few exceptions now but they spell it corectly and state the color .

Oops! The misspelling may have been on my end. But they definitely didn’t state the color. There were a lot of different color chick sizes in the brooder. I am going to call them to share the education though. Thanks for the help!

My ee's were said at the store that they are amerecauna but the multi color usually ee

That post in here with the white chicken and the splash looks to me what the actual amercaunas look like to me at least :)

All feed stores mislabel their signs for EE, and it causes a lot of grief for Ameraucana breeders as well as buyers every year. I have both EE & BBS Ameraucana. I know of only two reputable hatcheries that carry true Ameraucana making them pretty hard to find. EE tend to have Green legs, while Ameraucana are always slate. This is one of my Blue Ameraucana Pullets.
908D524F-4E0D-40C3-843E-FF0A1D22B354.jpeg

I bought an EE lady spring abbr named her Maisey. She was a curious and inquisitive little thing from the moment we got her.

20170430_193926.jpg

Around five weeks of age I thought I heard a strange little attempt at a crow coming from the brooder that the chicks were in. Oh no, at least one of my 4 wee chicks was definitely a roo! Yep, you guessed it, Maisy turned out to be a roo. I renamed him Dexter and here he is all grown up. Turned out to be a beautiful rooster.
20180221_153144.jpg

I bought an EE lady spring abbr named her Maisey. She was a curious and inquisitive little thing from the moment we got her.

View attachment 1369576

Around five weeks of age I thought I heard a strange little attempt at a crow coming from the brooder that the chicks were in. Oh no, at least one of my 4 wee chicks was definitely a roo! Yep, you guessed it, Maisy turned out to be a roo. I renamed him Dexter and here he is all grown up. Turned out to be a beautiful rooster.

I was pretty concerned about my black and white EE (she was the dark brown one as a chick). She was always the first to run to a hand in the brooder, jumping up to be picked up, and always had to be in the middle of everything. Then when I read that b&w EE's are often roosters, I was sure she'd be one. So I was pleasantly surprised!

Here are my new EE babies. I can't wait to see what they look like as adults (pretend like they are not pink, as the hatchery did that when they vaccinated them). I can see why people are addicted to this breed, you never know what you are going to get. ❤️

20190729_115410_HDR.jpg

20190729_115348.jpg

20190729_115316_HDR.jpg

Back
Top Bottom