EE gender - 7 weeks today - I too have zero chill

Whigru

Songster
May 7, 2020
Minnesota
Another poster mentioned a zero-chill attitude and that fits me in this situation, too. This one has me scratching my head and assuming cockerel and has been from the start. I’ve posted before but finally got some good close up pics for more detail. The feathering makes me think boy, especially as some of the darker red is showing up on the shoulders, but the temperament (skittish) and small and non-pink comb makes me have a tiny bit of hope. I noticed some iridescence in a couple of the black feathers but from what I’ve read, it’s normal for both male and female to have some sheen.
Help?

Attachments

• IMG_5120.jpeg
    IMG_5120.jpeg
    561 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_5122.jpeg
    IMG_5122.jpeg
    385.7 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_5124.jpeg
    IMG_5124.jpeg
    485.3 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_5126.jpeg
    IMG_5126.jpeg
    467.4 KB · Views: 18
Hopefully you wanted at least one cockerel! Good looking little guy. The red shoulders, and irregular pattern on the wings lean hard toward future rooster.

Hopefully you wanted at least one cockerel! Good looking little guy. The red shoulders, and irregular pattern on the wings lean hard toward future rooster.
I actually didn’t want any but I feared I’d get at least one. We’ll see how he matures!

Another poster mentioned a zero-chill attitude and that fits me in this situation, too. This one has me scratching my head and assuming cockerel and has been from the start. I’ve posted before but finally got some good close up pics for more detail. The feathering makes me think boy, especially as some of the darker red is showing up on the shoulders, but the temperament (skittish) and small and non-pink comb makes me have a tiny bit of hope. I noticed some iridescence in a couple of the black feathers but from what I’ve read, it’s normal for both male and female to have some sheen.
Help?
Yours looks like a Pullet to me.
I only see 1 single row on her comb of beading, Cockerels will have 3 rows of beading.
I got 17 EE's from McMurray shipped April 19 so probably same age as yours.
One was slow feathering so I could tell it was a cockerel immediately. He now has a bigger reddish comb growing.
All the others still look and act like Pullets.

Attachments

• IMG_20230705_134904.jpg
    IMG_20230705_134904.jpg
    282.6 KB · Views: 6

Back
Top Bottom