Gender confirmation/guess for 1 month old chicks

Updated pics of Potato. Comb & wattles still say male to me, but general behavior says female. There’s also still some black on the comb, which someone here told me can be an indicator for female, and I have found that to be accurate. So the black on the comb is also part of what has me reconsidering.
IMG_5784.jpeg

IMG_5779.jpeg IMG_5781.jpeg
IMG_5713.jpeg
IMG_5707.jpeg

Anyone want to take a shot at guessing Glisten? He’s 7 weeks. I say he because every chick that’s ever feathered out white has been male. But, these are the first chicks from this pairing so that may not be a fair comparison. Glisten also has a small amount of red leakage. It’s not on the shoulders, but I usually feel that more leakage indicates male. Glistens mom is a white or maybe Splash Easter Egger with a pea comb. Dad could be either my black or splash (?) straight-combed rooster. Glistens comb is still yellow, but seems larger than his 2 blue siblings. I’ll post pics of them once I am sure I can tell which one is which, lol. IMG_5502.jpeg IMG_5500.jpeg IMG_5499.jpeg

I still think Potato is a cockerel, and, just based off of comb size, Glisten looks like a pullet so far!

Update-
So all initial guesses were accurate. Harvest was a pullet. Potato is definitely a boy.

Now it’s just Glisten who remains questionable. I think he’s a slower maturing cockerel. He was hatched 12/25, making him 12 weeks old tomorrow. Mom is an EE and papa is a barnyard mix.

any guesses?

Attachments

• IMG_6619.jpeg
    IMG_6619.jpeg
    450.4 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_6320.jpeg
    IMG_6320.jpeg
    392.9 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_6318.jpeg
    IMG_6318.jpeg
    481.7 KB · Views: 2
Here are some updated pics of Harvest. She’s 8/9 weeks old now, and I’m still having a hard time guessing gender. Comb is on the smaller side, but larger than the obvious pullets. Comb & wattles are pink (not yellow or red like the others). I was leaning female, but then noticed some red leakage on the shoulders and iridescent feathers. Any guesses?

I may also post some updated pics of Potato later. I’m not so confident anymore that Potato is male…
That’s a pullet 100%

Back
Top Bottom