Gender guessing game- 4 & 6 week old chicks

The rest are Spunky the same age as Mother clucker and idk if she lays but I’ve been around mother clucker when she lays
3CE0BC32-5E8D-4001-948F-5432CD41AAD8.jpeg
AF1FF580-CC5B-4BAB-9CD6-4CB088F4A639.jpeg

And 3 is mother clucker my BCM hen who is my best layer about 26 weeksView attachment 3650601
This is the one that looks a lot like my girl. I didn’t know BCMs could have that kind of chest pattern. She’s very pretty. Mine is Ash, and she’s an Orpington. Her patterning has developed more as she’s gotten older. She’s about 10 months now.
IMG_7460.jpeg

Here are some updated pics of Veronica. I still can’t decide! She’s 8 weeks today. I have 3 chicks similar in appearance. Penguin is all boy. Madison I'm pretty sure is female. But Veronica’s attributes are in the middle of the two. If she’s next to Penguin, her full brother, she looks like a pullet because he’s so obviously male. But when she’s next to Madison, her comb looks huge and red.

IMG_2648.jpeg

In this pic Veronica is on the left and her full brother is to the right with the red comb.
IMG_2639.jpeg

Here Veronica is on the lower half and you can see her comb. Above her stands her full brother Penguin (left) and her half brother Miss Lippy (right).
IMG_2599.jpeg

Here’s Veronica.
IMG_2602.jpeg

This is Veronica on the left and her half sibling, Madison, on the right.

Any guesses?

I really thought that was the case with Veronica. I was thinking (and hoping) she was a pullet who had just combed up early. But, alas, a few days ago these gold patches popped up on the shoulders. And this morning, lo and behold, she was crowing up a storm along with Penguin and Lippy. Lol! I guess Veronica is now Ronald.

Attachments

• IMG_2999.jpeg
    IMG_2999.jpeg
    725.2 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:
Who wants to take a guess on Patches O’Houlihan? Patches is 8 weeks. The comb just popped up recently, but isn’t as red as the known cockerels. Similarly to Veronica, she is in the middle of the same age chicks in terms of crop and wattle size. If she stands next to the known cockerel, Patches looks female. But, when next to a probable pullet (like Miyagi in the second to last photo), then Patches looks male. Patches’s personality is more pullet-like, but she’s also becoming quite friendly and out going. She’s chatty, like some young cockerels, but her chatty sounds are not the same as the other cockerels. I’m leaning cockerel.

Also, are some of Patches’s feathers barred? I don’t have any barred birds in my flock so I am intrigued by the feather coloring.

Attachments

• IMG_2998.jpeg
    IMG_2998.jpeg
    516.3 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_2995.jpeg
    IMG_2995.jpeg
    567.1 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_2988.jpeg
    IMG_2988.jpeg
    796.7 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_2947.jpeg
    IMG_2947.jpeg